Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

glad you got past the "gentlemens club" bit. its a strip club people proposition the help and pay huge fees often laundering dirty money. its dirty its ugly its organized crime, trust your instincts they are good.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-21-2009 at 11:51 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
All I know is I'll be damned if my daughter works at a strip club, in any capacity.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:47 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
Okay... so since said person has a job history of working at a strip club.. in their resume, even though they are clearly the best person for the job that you interviewed, you choose not to hire them.. sounds like a master plan..

Who is being judgemental? Seems to me we all have some issues at some point.. but heck.. I personally am not going to say someone is not eligible to work for me due to the fact that they have a job history of waiting on tables in a strip club.. That right there is down right prejudice.. doesnt matter if they work their tail ends off.. or have the best qualifications..

Banker to said want to be employee - "Sorry you dont have the job"
Want to be employee - "Why? I meet all the qualifications"
Banker to said want to be employee - "You used to work at a strip club"

Not that would ever happen.. but hey.. put the shoe on the other foot.. what if you had something in your background that you did while you were young and trying to get ahead in the world? I mean come on... we all have something we did that we are not all proud of... if you say you didnt .. your full of crap.

People do what they have to do to live in this world.. as long as it is LEGAL, I am okay with it.. and you know what.. if she interviewed in front of me for a job and had the best qualifications and looked like she would make my company a better place to be.. I would hire her.. with that on her application or not.. who gives two dimes..

Old 04-22-2009, 05:13 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Well stated! I guess people don't realize that this is a free country and no one is forcing her to work there! Same applies for all the other women who do. This isn't some third-world country where sex trafficking is occurring, this is the United States and more importantly Texas, where a person is free to do what they want as long as it is legal.

And since other people are posting their opinions I felt have every right to post mine. As long as they are being judgmental, I thought I would give them a little taste of their own medicine. It's not so righteous when, as the The Man in SATX said, the shoe is on the other foot now, is it?

I just love people who can criticize others, but feel they shouldn't be criticized themselves! That essentially is the definition of hypocrisy!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:42 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Well stated! I guess people don't realize that this is a free country and no one is forcing her to work there! Same applies for all the other women who do. This isn't some third-world country where sex trafficking is occurring, this is the United States and more importantly Texas, where a person is free to do what they want as long as it is legal.

And since other people are posting their opinions I felt have every right to post mine. As long as they are being judgmental, I thought I would give them a little taste of their own medicine. It's not so righteous when, as the The Man in SATX said, the shoe is on the other foot now, is it?

I just love people who can criticize others, but feel they shouldn't be criticized themselves! That essentially is the definition of hypocrisy!
you dont know me but you dont like me but you've never walked the streets of bakersfield (dwight yokum, sing it)

Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:

What are you talking about? The op is a concerned mother who wants to know about risks her daughter might be taking working at a strip club. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that while some patrons may be completely blemish free in all their other thoughts words and deeds outside said strip club, the odds are higher that a few more unsavory characters patronize same strip club and have ulterior thoughts and motives and moral compasses. Just about everyone on the planet would acknowledge that.

Banker did not make any judgmental comments about any PATRONS of said strip club. He basically said that it would not bode well for her in an interview. That is not being hypocritical, it's not saying everyone that agrees with him is "sin free", its simply stating a fact about most HR departments and hiring practices. Heck....there are a lot less unfavorable points that might keep a person from being hired. It's just good business sense.

But back to the OP's concern. It would be peachy if all the patrons of strip clubs had Cub Scout integrity, but we all know that isn't the case. This isn't about you, however, it's about the environment in general.

We also don't even know WHICH strip club it is.....and we all know they are all over the map as far as how low they will go. So we really can't defend or demoralize where she works specifically because we don't have that information.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,482 times
Some have brought up the issue of it being a legal job therefore it is ok. I am not talking about legality. Laws do not equal what is morally best four our society. Prostitution is legal in Las Vegas...does that make it ok? Folks - my original post was about the moral compass of our society at large. I am by no means sin free - and do not want anyone to think that! I have made my share of mistakes in the past - as most people have. I just take issue with businesses that prey upon people for the purpose of taking advantage women. Call me old fashion - but I am not being hypocritical for standing by my beliefs. Enticing men to drool and lust at the feet of naked women is not in the best interest of our society. Both the dancers and the ones serving the drinks to these patrons are encouraging this behavior.

All too often we stand behind what is legal to defend our ability to do something that is not best for people at large.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
Quote:

Sex trafficking in the US is a big problem.

HumanTrafficking.org | Help Lines: United States of America

stopVAW -- Sex Trafficking in the United States: Victims Often Treated as Criminals

Enslaved in America: Sex Trafficking in the United States | Women's Funding Network

And as a business owner, if I had an applicant that had listed on their resume as a waitress/employee of a gentlemen's club, I would definitely inquire about it, but that in no way would be grounds for judging that prospect. For all we know, that person may be a better salesperson or developed a great 'thick skin' to deal with problem customers.

To the OP, I hope all works out. Sounds like she knows what she is doing and has her head on her shoulders just right.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you dont know me but you dont like me but you've never walked the streets of bakersfield (dwight yokum, sing it)

Oh no, dont forget , Buck Owens. ( Dwight Yoakam)

Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM

452 posts, read 1,028,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Both the dancers and the ones serving the drinks to these patrons are encouraging this behavior.
Good grief! For a lot of men I know, the only "encouragement" they need is a slight breeze!

People will judge you no matter what you do. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I don't walk in those womens' shoes (couldn't even if I tried!) and I don't know what their situations are, but, if what they're doing is a legitimate job, who am I to say they're wrong. At least, they're not living on the dole and society isn't paying for their keep. Let the jokers who enjoy this sort of thing pay their way. What's it to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio