Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 36,335 times

Advertisements

I am a mother of a 22 year old and recently received news from my daughter that she is going to start waitressing at a gentlemen's club in San Antonio. I have never been in one, but am a bit curious if the waitresses wear a "uniform" that is too revealing? She did not mention which one she will be working at, but said it's one of the nicer ones there. Also, for anyone who has ever been a customer at one, do you flirt, touch, degrade the waitresses? She says it is only meanwhile until she gets financially back on track but I am still scared or what goes on in there and worry because after all it is a strip club.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:24 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Well, I'm not gonna fess up to anything; but I've heard what goes in those places and from what I've heard it really depends on the club she's working in! If it is one of the more legitimate ones than they are really strict about physical contact between all of the staff and the customers. If she is inappropriately touched, then she can get one of the bouncers to do their job and that'll be the end of it.

As for how "revealing" her uniform is, it can't be any worse than what some of the girls at Hooters are wearing is it? I am sure some of it will be up to her, and that is something only she can tell you, but I suspect many of the waitresses intentionally wear revealing garments as it tends to lead to bigger tips. Again, this is only what I've heard...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-18-2009, 08:28 PM

266 posts, read 706,260 times
i wouldn’t worry too much. the waitresses do get flirted with but not any more than a restaurant really. different places have varying uniforms, none of them that i have seen is any more revealing that thing girls were out to the clubs. Again, if she is a smart girl i would not worry a bit. Not that I have ever been to these places ..lol

Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
She'll have better protection there (bouncers) than in most bars.
I wouldn't be concerned about her safety inside, and I've heard than when the girls leave, they do everything possible to protect them.

Now, my main concern would be the people she would be working with
the owners, girls, etc.
I was always told: "Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are"
I've also heard about some of those places charging people for "extra" services in backrooms.
Make sure that she doesn't give her number or address to anybody in there.

That's what I've been told

Old 04-18-2009, 09:10 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Two things. Thank you, God, for not giving me a daughter. And thank you, Mom, that my middle name is not Naive.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:17 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Two things. Thank you, God, for not giving me a daughter. And thank you, Mom, that my middle name is not Naive.
I would rep but gotta spread the love. Geeze; very well said!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:29 PM

46 posts, read 178,838 times
My roommate is a girl bartender at one of the more popular clubs here in town. (I'm not saying which one) But the waitress do wear skimpy outfits and flirt with the men. (That is how they make money) She gets to wear whatever since shes not out on the floor. Tell her to learn to bartend, probably easier.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Some friend that has 2 boys just like me told me:
"We have to worry about 2 p.......,
they have to worry about all of them"

Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveblue View Post
My roommate is a girl bartender at one of the more popular clubs here in town. (I'm not saying which one) But the waitress do wear skimpy outfits and flirt with the men. (That is how they make money) She gets to wear whatever since shes not out on the floor. Tell her to learn to bartend, probably easier.
Bartending is more work, but safer from the grabby types. I think the waitresses make pretty decent money (of course not as much as the dancers) and the bartenders do fairly well.

And if she ever wants to get out of the g club scene and go somewhere else, she'll probably have better luck finding work...

Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 AM

162 posts, read 705,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Some friend that has 2 boys just like me told me:
"We have to worry about 2 p.......,
they have to worry about all of them"
Eeeek, never thought of it like that before!

signed, a mom of three boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio