Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:35 PM

40 posts, read 166,478 times

Advertisements

TJ's is great, my wife will be really pleased if they actually come to SA. Been to Central Market, and I don't think TJ's is necessary "better", but rather different. Kind of a mix between Central Market and Whole Foods, and a bit cheaper. Lots of great products!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 16,782 times
My husband and I are moving to SA in May and the biggest thing I'll miss about CA is Trader Joe's, so I was happy to discover this post. TJ has allowed my family to save about 40% on our grocery bill here in the Bay Area! The only drawback is that you can't get everything you need there.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:33 PM

852 posts, read 3,814,417 times
The ones in L.A. are famous for being almost impossible to park at.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:48 PM

82 posts, read 545,996 times
I hope Trader Joe's comes to SA. I'm moving down in 3 weeks from NYC and I love Trader Joe's. They recently built one here in Union Square and the line is literally out the door just to get in the store. When you do get in the store, the checkout line snakes around the perimeter of the store and you're usually in line for about 40 minutes. So yea, I would love a Trader Joe's without the line to get in!

Old 04-05-2007, 06:50 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
oh that is SO true!!!!!! he he..........gotta love Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Yes Trader Joe's is great. But someone needs to warn them that to get their foot in the door in Texas, they will have to put Texas maps on walls, or on their tortilla chips, sell Texas shaped frozen waffles (yes, I've seen those) or write "For Texas Taste" in big letters over the dairy case, because people here won't embrace anything that doesn't have the word "Texas" or its image emblazoned on it. And they will have to have an ad campaign in which they state that shopping at Trader Joe's "is the Texan thing to do." Then the lemmings will go, "Oh, okay, I guess it's good then."

H.E.B. has added these Central Market selections at I-10 and deZavala too, I think.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 AM

247 posts, read 844,054 times
Default Yippeee!

I hope this is true! We moved from San Diego 2 years ago and miss Trader Joes terribly. It's a great place to find wine, fresh fruit & veggies, not to mention a terrific selection of vegetarian foods. This will be alot closer for us off 1604/281 than Whole Foods or Sun Harvest. Bring on the 2 buck Chuck!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 PM

592 posts, read 2,024,828 times
is it for sure trader joes is coming

Old 04-27-2007, 04:49 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,547 times
Im gonna cross my fingers and hope that Trader Joes is coming to SA. One of the things I left behind in the NW is wonderful grocery stores. HEB is a fantastic chain and I love Central Market but, I think Trader Joes will add a nice variety to the mix here. Sun Harvest stores are nice and play their niche very well.
Specialty stores have one thing in common premium prices for slightly out of the ordinary products. Trader Joes seemed to be more reasonable to me, possibly due to (maybe its just me) a lot of Canadian sourcing of goods. I think Trader Joes buyers might be pretty open minded and can find quality foods off the beaten paths at good prices.

Squidlo

Old 04-27-2007, 02:50 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,577 times
wooohoooooo.... I have always loved Trader Joes... shopped at the very first one ever opened, in fact shopped there even before they changed their name to Trader Joes (was originally called Pronto Market, and the first one was in Covina CA)...

anyway, now if they'd just bring in an In 'n Out (burger stand).....

Old 04-29-2007, 08:15 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
The ones in L.A. are famous for being almost impossible to park at.
The last one I lived near in So Cal was in Long Beach, and there was TONS of parking - never a problem...

San Diego was awful... but then parking for nearly everything in San Diego is awful....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio