Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:13 PM

796 posts, read 3,048,408 times

Advertisements

I saw they are starting to clear the land there. Does anyone know what they are going to build?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 03:27 PM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,598,435 times
Not sure, but considering the lack of tenants just up the street, I am not optimistic it will be worth it - whatever it is.

I'll try to do some digging tonight.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:45 PM

330 posts, read 936,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendox View Post
Not sure, but considering the lack of tenants just up the street, I am not optimistic it will be worth it - whatever it is.

I was thinking the same thing!! lol Really though, I heard several tenants are not going through with their leases..

Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks! The back of my house faces that lot. I had heard that the people that own the gas station on Borgfeld were going to put one there. That was just something that this person heard, but did not have a reliable source. I thought that could not be done because of the re charge zone.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:07 PM

330 posts, read 936,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
Thanks! The back of my house faces that lot. I had heard that the people that own the gas station on Borgfeld were going to put one there. That was just something that this person heard, but did not have a reliable source. I thought that could not be done because of the re charge zone.

I hope you're right!! wow a gas station there would not be good

Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 AM

we need a gas station in the area, something fierce. Recharge zone won't prevent a gas station, it just makes it very expensive to build it......often times folks who want to do it change their mind when they see the hurdles and costs associated with it.

I still have some calls out, but haven't heard anything yet. Yantis is doing the site work and I know a couple of folks over there, so hopefully they call me back today.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 AM

Thanks, Dendox! I saw that Yantis sign and checked their website, nothing was listed. I am on Google now looking up different commercial real estate names that look familiar to the area.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 AM

109 posts, read 269,873 times
Quote:

That one is in my back yard. Supposedly a CVS is going in the corner of Overlook and Canyon Golf. I don't know of any tenants yet. Chase was going to build in that one but backed out.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:04 PM

I was thinking.....if they were building a gas station, wouldn't they be digging up a lot of dirt for the gas lines? They have flattened a good part of it out. Also, if they are putting in the gas tanks, would that area be flagged with a special color?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 PM

I don't think it is a gas station. Heck they may just be making it marketable.....who knows.

My yantis folks haven't really come through. I talked to two builders who know some guys in commercial construction and they don't know. Supposedly they talked to a yantis guy and he said he didn't know, but I am not really sure about it.

One of "my yantis guys" isn't there anymore - so that sucks.

CVS at the overlook intersection....that is interesting. I am not sure there is a space big enough for one, is there?

I know it wouldn't be a Walgreens because they own all of their buildings - well all the new ones for sure. CVS is intriguing because they are like a mini convenience store with everything from dog food to beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: