Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 7,538 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody, I am looking at possibly purchasing a property in the Wurzbach Meadow neighborhood which is close to the loop, I-10 and the South West Medical Center. From what I know, this is a new neighborhood that is currently under construction and should be fully built by the end of this year (if not sooner). Does anybody know anything about this location that hopefully they can share with this out of towner? Is this part of Leon Valley and if yes, how would you rate the quality of life or neighborhood in this part of the city? I am looking at an investment duplex so renting it out to the medical staff or UTSA staff or students will be a strong possibility.

My overall plan is to purchase an investment property, possibly a duplex from 150K to 200K. Now that I have opened up this thread I might as well squeeze this in... could someone suggest which areas I should be looking at for some decent neighborhoods (properties), easy to rent, low crime rate and accessibility. It sounds like I should be staying in the North/North Central. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I have read a couple of years worth of threads and this is my very first post. I just wanted to say, thank you everybody for all your suggestions, great information and time!!! You guys are awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 09:17 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben123 View Post
Hey everybody, I am looking at possibly purchasing a property in the Wurzbach Meadow neighborhood which is close to the loop, I-10 and the South West Medical Center. From what I know, this is a new neighborhood that is currently under construction and should be fully built by the end of this year (if not sooner). Does anybody know anything about this location that hopefully they can share with this out of towner? Is this part of Leon Valley and if yes, how would you rate the quality of life or neighborhood in this part of the city? I am looking at an investment duplex so renting it out to the medical staff or UTSA staff or students will be a strong possibility.

My overall plan is to purchase an investment property, possibly a duplex from 150K to 200K. Now that I have opened up this thread I might as well squeeze this in... could someone suggest which areas I should be looking at for some decent neighborhoods (properties), easy to rent, low crime rate and accessibility. It sounds like I should be staying in the North/North Central. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I have read a couple of years worth of threads and this is my very first post. I just wanted to say, thank you everybody for all your suggestions, great information and time!!! You guys are awesome!
It might be a good idea for you to research the inventory of property rentals at this point in time. Get with a good Realtor and see if you can crunch some numbers. It's more of a buyers market right now, but some areas have a glut of rentals from people who purchased at the height of the bubble. Obviously, the best time to buy is when prices are low.....not sure SA has hit a "low" yet.

As far as rentals in the Medical Center Area.....there a tons of condos/duplex/apts etc. Be sure to do your homework. I'm afraid SA is too big and your information requested is a bit to broad to be answered here. A professional would be your best bet.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,622 times
One of the best places in San Antonio is the Stone Oak area, but pricey. I recently moved from there and bought one of these townhomes. I really like it so far. It's definitely not as upscale but I put a lot of upgrades in my home and it's very nice. It is taking some adjustment on my part with going from a 2800 sqft home to 1277 but easier to keep clean. I will say that I am enjoying being 3 minutes from Starbucks, Bed Bath and Beyond, Michaels, Ross and the mall! The other side, about 5 mins away is Home Depot, HEB (which is the grocery store here)Walmart, Chili's etc. It's definitely conveniently located to whatever you need. I moved here from California 4 1/2 yrs ago and purchased two houses. I just bought the x out of one, that we have rented out, and he bought me out of the one we lived in in Stone Oak and both of them went up in value. Not a huge increase but was very happy considering what's happening to the market in California.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,365 times
Default Just a follow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYREG View Post
One of the best places in San Antonio is the Stone Oak area, but pricey. I recently moved from there and bought one of these townhomes. I really like it so far. It's definitely not as upscale but I put a lot of upgrades in my home and it's very nice. It is taking some adjustment on my part with going from a 2800 sqft home to 1277 but easier to keep clean. I will say that I am enjoying being 3 minutes from Starbucks, Bed Bath and Beyond, Michaels, Ross and the mall! The other side, about 5 mins away is Home Depot, HEB (which is the grocery store here)Walmart, Chili's etc. It's definitely conveniently located to whatever you need. I moved here from California 4 1/2 yrs ago and purchased two houses. I just bought the x out of one, that we have rented out, and he bought me out of the one we lived in in Stone Oak and both of them went up in value. Not a huge increase but was very happy considering what's happening to the market in California.
HI, I just wanted to see how you are liking it Wurzbach Meadows? I am interested in a house there, and the few times I have been, it has been very quiet. Have you had any problems with safety? I know that Ingram Mall is close-by, and just curious if that is a positive or negative, as people say that the mall area is not the safest. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio