Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
wth are pasties? because the ones i'm thinking about aren't food
It's similar to an empanada, filled with pot pie ingredients.

Pasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 02:58 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
wth are pasties? because the ones i'm thinking about aren't food
LOL, shame on you!

Old 05-05-2009, 04:29 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
LOL, shame on you!
Pasties are great as is Bangers & Mash, Shepherds Pie, and roast beef with yorkshire pudding!:-)

British cuisine is very underrated.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:07 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
bangers and mash, pasties.....all their food sounds perverted.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:18 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
That's probably why it tastes soo good.:-)

Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
British cuisine is very underrated.
For good reason.

The following used to be posted all over NATO...

Quote:
What is Heaven?

A place where the lovers are Italian, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the cops are British and it’s all organized by the Swiss.

So what is hell?

A place where the lovers are Swiss, the cooks are British, the mechanics are French, the cops are German, and it’s all organized by the Italians.
Cheers! M2

Old 05-05-2009, 09:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
i know..... i kinda like it.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
For good reason.

The following used to be posted all over NATO...

Cheers! M2
Ha, hilarious Major. I have a feeling Americans should be added in the HELL category somewhere for inventing myspace.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM

57 posts, read 310,138 times
Oh God what I'd give for some proper fish 'n' chips or a full English breakfast right now.
Is it just me, or do other Brits HATE the sausages we get here in Texas?
I have only found 2 types of sausage that are similar to British ones and aren't all gristle(sp?) and that's some Turkey and Spinach sausages found in the cooler at HEB, or some cheap "Hill Country Fare" brand of turkey/pork links in the HEB freezer section.
So far I am yet to find anywhere that does fish and chips the proper way... Lion and Rose = yuck Red Robin = yuck Sherlocks = yuck.
They always seem to undercook the fish and the batter is sickly.
We're off to the UK for a month in August and I can guaranty my flight back to S.A will be alot tighter-fitting than the one over there.
I plan on making up for lost time!!!!

Last edited by Sarah-Jane-Again; 06-04-2009 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Additional information

Old 06-05-2009, 06:08 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Seriously, you are bragging about British cuisine?

I've known a lot of Brits in SA (mostly military or married to military), and most like the food here. I am a big fan of fish & chips, I was over in Huntingdon this past January and had some of the best fish & chips that I can remember; but outside of that and pub grub there really isn't much worth commenting about food-wise in the Uk that was't imported from some other country.

As for the traditional British breakfast, I will pass on the beans and fried tomatos, thank you! I would take a Continental breakfast over it any day of the week!

And in case you haven't seen the thread on Mr Cod, don't waste your time. SilverCreek78250 seemed to have been lucky enough to hit it when they were having a good day, but I tried it last weekend and was very disappointed. Much like German food, I don't think we'll ever see authentic fish & chips in this area; which is a shame as I for one would be a frequent customer of any establishment that could get it right!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio