Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:02 AM

436 posts, read 1,613,529 times

Advertisements

story here...

News Radio 1200 WOAI San Antonio Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,743,855 times
I am tired of the way CPS bills. They already have a peak capacity charge and a fuel adjustment charge. The timing of this increase speaks volumes. This is just another tax - plain and simple. I wonder on what planet they think it will only add $.38 to our monthly bill this year. Before something like this gets passed I would like to see what the average CPS bill is for all of San Antonio and break it out by month and show us in real numbers how it will only add 38 cents.

Dirty politicians at work again.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM

824 posts, read 1,815,449 times
You might be tired of CPS bills, but it's cheaper here than in Dallas or Houston. Energy of all types is going to get more expensive. Everyone should get ready for that.

Remember that SAWS starting promoting conservation many years ago, and it was this early action which has kept water useage steady even as our population exploded. At least CPS is trying to make tough decisions now, in the hopes that we'll be in a better position over the next decade.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:47 PM

311 posts, read 845,695 times
Cheaper than Houston? Not from what I've seen. I lived there several years ago & still have many friends there. One of my friends was just here from Houston last week, we have similar sz. homes & keep our settings nearly the same. Our home is actually newer & "energy star" everything & our bills run about $80 more per mo. at a minimum than theirs. Also, their water bills are like $15 per mo. & ours are about $60 I really don't see where the big difference would be i.e. same # of kids...their yard is actually bigger so why are they so much less?
I will say it's much lower here than San Diego was though.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Phil Hardberger has accumulated all of that goodwill over the last 4 years. Since it won't do him much good in retirement to take it with him, he might as well spend some of it on a CPS rate increase.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM

475 posts, read 1,093,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA08 View Post
Cheaper than Houston? Not from what I've seen. I lived there several years ago & still have many friends there. One of my friends was just here from Houston last week, we have similar sz. homes & keep our settings nearly the same. Our home is actually newer & "energy star" everything & our bills run about $80 more per mo. at a minimum than theirs. Also, their water bills are like $15 per mo. & ours are about $60 I really don't see where the big difference would be i.e. same # of kids...their yard is actually bigger so why are they so much less?
Are you comparing your total CPS bill to their energy provider bill? That is, your bill with Electric, Gas? and Trash? vs. their electric only? Also, even if you are not, you should find out how much Kwh they use in a given month vs. your number (off the CPS bill). If they are using roughly the same amount, then they are paying much less than you. Water bills I think are relatively higher here, especially if you have BexarMet instead of SAWS.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 AM

824 posts, read 1,815,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA08 View Post
Houston's rate (per Kw hour) is higher than San Antonio. It's not a huge difference, but it is more.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:48 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
Houston's rate (per Kw hour) is higher than San Antonio. It's not a huge difference, but it is more.
Since there are different providers, aren't the rates different depending on who you go with? I know some of them offer low intro rates as well. I lived (briefly) in Houston, and everyone told me to shop around for the best deal.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Since there are different providers, aren't the rates different depending on who you go with? I know some of them offer low intro rates as well. I lived (briefly) in Houston, and everyone told me to shop around for the best deal.
I heard somewhere that the Texas Congress passed a law that will let the utilities affected by Hurricane Ike to recoup their repair costs by raising rates. Has anyone else heard this?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Don't make me pull out the Puget Sound Energy rates to show how much higher they can get...

Although I'm not a fan of rate increases. Didn't they have some kind of natural gas fuel surcharge on there for a while last summer? Has that one fallen off yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio