Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM

28 posts, read 73,903 times

Advertisements

You don't get nickel and dimed by not buying anything there. Get your season pass and go for the rides. Don't buy the picture when you are leaving the park. Don't buy the food or drinks. I think they may give you a drink bottle when you join, if they don't, buy ONE at the beginning of the season and keep bringing it back. The concession stands will refill it with "tap" water and ice for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 12:01 PM

52 posts, read 159,405 times
Wow! I didn't expect this many replies! Thank you all so much for taking the time to answer my question.
I've been doing a lot of research and one of the major complaints was that the food is super expensive in the park. I've been to Fiesta Texas about 13 years ago and I remember the food being AWFUL and overpriced. I hear that hasn't changed! As a matter of fact, I hear the prices have gone up since my visit! I plan on loading up my cooler with snacks, drinks and sandwiches and just go back to the car for lunch.
Another tip I read about (from someone here on this forum) was that you should wait till you are ready to leave to buy souviners. That way you won't get stuck lugging all that stuff around and spending money to rent lockers.

School is out here in El Paso so I am assuming school will be out by the time we go. We will definitely get to the park super early (10:30 am is opening time I think) so that we can have an hour or two without having to deal with all the crowds.

Thanks Again!

Jess

Old 05-27-2009, 05:29 PM

260 posts, read 1,136,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygecko View Post
You don't get nickel and dimed by not buying anything there. Get your season pass and go for the rides. Don't buy the picture when you are leaving the park. Don't buy the food or drinks. I think they may give you a drink bottle when you join, if they don't, buy ONE at the beginning of the season and keep bringing it back. The concession stands will refill it with "tap" water and ice for free.
You don't even need the souveneir drink bottle - the concession stands will cheerfully refill any drink container with tap water and ice.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
I agree that Fiesta Tx is getting way out of hand.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 PM

284 posts, read 759,276 times
OBVIOUSLY, one isn't forced to eat at the concessions, That wasn't the point. The food is simply too expensive. Yes, I know that they have to make money, especially when selling cheap season passes. It's the nature of theme parks, I suppose. However, that burger joint near the boardwalk was FILTHY when I went there late last summer. Dirty, uncleaned tables. The park has certainly changed through the years, especially since it was once considered somewhat of an "Opryland West" when Gaylord was involved.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 AM

213 posts, read 568,177 times
for Sea world it does give you head of line privledges it is called Quick Queue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio