Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
I'll be laughing when gas prices go up again!

Why would you want to do that? This only means that the next time you want to take a vacation and need to fly, your airline ticket (and those of your family) will be that much more expensive. Cruise? Oh yeah, ship uses gas too. Transportation at vacation spot? Taxi, car rental, bus tour...all use gas.

No vacations planned?

Groceries tend to increase in price when the price of gas goes up as well. Transportation costs passed on.

Bad logic. You can laugh, but you'll be paying too. Everyone pays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:16 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,669,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
What I wouldn't give for one of those guys to plow into me. Maybe I could buy one of those "upscale" KB homes banker preaches about so much.
Please read the link below (CD TOS):

//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Personal attacks are not allowed, especially when it is in a different thread.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Funny, I almost got hit by a taco truck today. Went from the far right lane of a 3 lane highway to the fast lane going 45 mph. I was in the fast lane and he came over like I wasnt there and almost slobberknocked me. I pass him and he gives me the dirty look, so I was like eff you and your tacos!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:59 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
Actually, the thing I see all the time is Texas specific.

We have a lot of 2 lane left turns here. Invariably ( I witnessed this tonight at rush hour), someone will be in the far left lane but drift halfway into the right lane, usually on their cell phone, oblivious.

The person I saw do this, less than 3 blocks away, curbed her Lexus turning the corner

Old 05-29-2009, 03:02 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
I don't like the two lane turns of any kind!! But it's a relatively new thing here. Most of these have insufficient markings to allow safe turning. Bad idea all the way around. Too many knuckle head drivers with no experience here. Texas should revoke about half the licenses issued here and begin a serious driver training program. Force the obviously talentless drivers to pay for their privilege to drive amongst the enlightened few.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 AM

299 posts, read 608,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Please read the link below (CD TOS):

//www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Personal attacks are not allowed, especially when it is in a different thread.
What are you, the forum police? You're not even a moderator! Go join SAPD or something.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Some people should be careful who they are flicking off, tailgating, and honking their horns at --- never know what might happen.....
Not worried at all.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
When you (generally speaking) are flipping someone off and cutting in front of them for driving stupid, you have to remember that 99% of the time they don't even know why you are doing it. I truly believe that they don't think they are doing anything wrong. It's like they are driving with blinders on, oblivious to what is going on around them.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
When you (generally speaking) are flipping someone off and cutting in front of them for driving stupid, you have to remember that 99% of the time they don't even know why you are doing it. I truly believe that they don't think they are doing anything wrong. It's like they are driving with blinders on, oblivious to what is going on around them.
A lot of the time they're on the phone and don't even realized they just got passed

Old 05-29-2009, 06:13 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
We've already identified several posters on a previous thread who are indeed "part of the problem". Dopo was one of them, and the biggest offender. He's admitted to being a danger on our roads. Now we can add:

MrMcoySays...who admits to "losing all common sense when it comes to bad drivers" and...

Merc11ty...who passes slow left lane drivers and then throws the finger,cuts them off, and drives slow... and

EJ4512...who claims he can make it from SA to Dallas Market Center area in 4 hours every time...here's how he does it..."""By the way who the hell drives anything slower than 80 haha. Maybe we make it cause 80 is about the slowest we would go. At least 85-90, sometimes over !!!"""

Dumb moves my friends..dumb. Two wrongs don't make a right. Grow up please.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to firstclassflyer again."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio