Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
They are still in the old pizza hut building since the main restaurant had a fire, right?

I love that place, the food is real good.
Actually went to the other location down on S. Laredo by the tracks, its next to a fruit stand. The one at the old pizza hut has gotten expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 11:07 AM

490 posts, read 1,094,856 times
Auden's Kitchen. Whole Trout was pretty good. Will return.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:12 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
Auden's Kitchen. Whole Trout was pretty good. Will return.
My gf liked the whole trout there also, but my short ribs were too fatty and the mash potatoes too starchy(gummy).

Old 03-24-2010, 07:06 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,087,607 times
It was called "Cheeseburger Island" all kind of burgers, to greasy for me.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 PM

268 posts, read 593,872 times
Tip Top on Fredericksburg tonight.

Old reliable standby. I had the deviled crab cakes, different than what I'm used to from my Washington/Baltimore days, but still good. They did say they were deviled so they were a little spicy and could actually see real little lumps of crab. Good with their tartar sauce.

My dinner companion had the roast pork with gravy.....always very good and not disappointing. Walked right in and grabbed a booth, very unusual as there is almost always a little wait. Lot's of customers and busy smiley waitresses and busing kids who seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Nice atmosphere with the owner walking around being friendly.

Reserved to go a lemon chess pie slice and a pineapple upside down cake square-- yes, I always get a corner. Had a coffee and a tea.

$26 plus $5 tip.

3 out of 5 stars (I'm very stingy with my stars.)

Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,969,845 times
Ate at Tost last night and thought it was very good. The gf and I started with the crispy pork belly and we both thought it was great. For our entrees we had the burger with truffle fries and Shiner Blonde braised short ribs, both very good. The fries were some of the best I've had in the city and they came with two great dipping sauces. Also, I thought the short ribs were far better then the ones at Audens Kitchen. On Thursday nights all bottles of champagne/sparkling wine are 50% off. Wasn't busy at all last night, so our service was great.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:36 PM

574 posts, read 1,338,434 times
Auden's Kitchen

Roasted Chicken with mashed potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts

Nice lazy Sunday lunch outside. The chicken was nice and moist, the mashed potatoes good, and the brussels sprouts really tasty. Only drawback, cold cornbread. I enjoyed my meal, and will definitely return.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM

490 posts, read 1,094,856 times
Pavil on Saturday... Rib-eye/Snapper special, very good.

Lighthouse (Olmos) on Sunday for lunch. Terribly slow service.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 AM

188 posts, read 551,073 times
Friday night—Tycoon Flats. I had the fish tacos, my husband had a burger, and our son had the grilled cheese sandwich. It was crazy crowded on the patio, but my son had a great time on the little playground. The food was pretty good, but the fabulous weather and cold beer made for a wonderful evening.

Saturday night—Demo’s on St. Mary’s. I had the chicken souvlaki plate, my husband had the gyro plate and we got an extra side of hummus and pita for our son. I think the total was around $40, which I think it quite high for a place that you order at the counter. (We’re a little spoiled having moved from Chicago where you have a ton of options for Greek food with competitive prices.) Still, the food was great, and we enjoyed sitting on the patio.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Dickie's Bar B Q at Park North. It was ok, not the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio