Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 PM

172 posts, read 468,739 times

Advertisements

Yeah it irks me about Demo's are the prices. I refuse to go there anymore. You pay outrageous prices for ordering at the counter and the portions are small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 06:47 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
Ate at Tost last night and thought it was very good. The gf and I started with the crispy pork belly and we both thought it was great. For our entrees we had the burger with truffle fries and Shiner Blonde braised short ribs, both very good. The fries were some of the best I've had in the city and they came with two great dipping sauces. Also, I thought the short ribs were far better then the ones at Audens Kitchen. On Thursday nights all bottles of champagne/sparkling wine are 50% off. Wasn't busy at all last night, so our service was great.
Thanks, too bad about Soliel, but things change!

I'll have to check Tost out.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:49 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
BWW on 151/410 and they shorted me three wings, on one simple small order.. I've never checked before, but I will from now on. I just figured the number was barely in double digits, so even a special person could count that high..

Old 04-03-2010, 08:30 PM

188 posts, read 551,073 times
Friday lunch--Went to Guajillos on Blanco. It was our first time, and it rocked. The food was really good, and we got out of there for $20 including tip. I was about to burst! The chilaquiles were great.

Friday night--Got two pizzas to go from Tre. We had the goat cheese and pistachio, as well as the soppreseta and pepperoncini. So yummy!

Today was my son's birthday, and we got two dozen cupcakes from Kate's Frosting on N. Main. All the guests raved about them. (They should for the freaking price!) My favorites were the Ruby Slipper and Jessica Rabbit.

This evening went went over to The Friendly Spot Ice House on S. Alamo for the first time. We sat by the playground where we could watch our son play and had a few beers and a little bit of food. It was very pleasant, and we'll definitely go back.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Funny that you would ask. We were just there for a visit. We ate at several places near the River Walk and near the Alamo. One specializes in Mango Ice Cream, don't think I remember the name, but something like Menger Hotel, it was wonderful. The one that really stands out that I will always remember is Ruth's Chris Steak House, located at the Concord Plaza, 7720 Jones Maltsberger, and managed by Kathleen Fenlon. I choose a Petite Fillet, garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinich, onion rings, and Cremebrule for dessert. Unbelievably delicious, but also very, very expensive. If I go back to SA for another visit I will definitely visit Ruth's Chris again. It is amoung the best restaurants I've ever visited, if not the best.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:55 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Ruth's Chris has something like 120 locations in many states and countries. You don't have to come to SA to dine at one.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:43 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,094,021 times
But you do for the Mango ice cream! I vaugely remember a US president trying it and then using it at some function...

Old 04-03-2010, 11:01 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Sure, but the guy is gushing over a chain restaurant. Sounded like he didn't know that there are many locations.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,744 times
La Mexicana in Lincoln, NE. Not bad for a Mexican food joint in the middle of nowhere.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:55 AM

915 posts, read 1,904,301 times
Tycoon Flats - I had not been in roughly 20 years, but must say the fish tacos and hot dogs were both very good to excellent. The patio has sufficient shade and fans to be a perfect spot for a casual meal on a Spring day. Dogs are allowed on the patio and there is a basketball hoop etc for kids.

Re: Kate's Frosting - they have some of the sweetest cream icing you will ever taste. There are several limited specials I love there and, of the recurring items, I like the strawberry best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio