Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 PM

545 posts, read 1,061,329 times

Advertisements

Nicha's on 410. $31 for 3 martinis, 2 baskets of chips, 2 entrees, and a 20+% tip. As always, their food improves substantially with the addition of salsa verde and salt.

San Antonio will be the death of me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 02:57 PM

679 posts, read 1,802,072 times
I've eaten at the Piranha in Austin and really enjoyed it. Had no idea they had one in San Antonio! Another place to stop next time I'm in town.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM

188 posts, read 447,632 times
Ate at Big'Z Burgers off of Hwy 151. I got a single burger, which was pretty big. The burgers are good, the fries are average. That place is huge, like a big barn and a large outside grass area for kids to run around, etc. I'll go back in the future.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,469 times
Silo's at Austin Highway for lunch today with the BossMan and a few co-workers. I prefer the environment of this one compared to the 1604 location. Call me "emo" but I like the darker, cozier feel of it and opposed to the open glass of 1604. Anyways, had the lunch prix fixe. Caesar salad was very good. But the wood grilled salmon was outstanding. Sides of polenta and asparagus were wonderful. Prix fixe also came with a glass of wine. I'm not wine drinker by any means, I mean I usually shotgun Moscato straight from the bottle for holy sake, but I do know that a "blush" or light red wine pairs well with salmon. I am dumb in that regard and asked our very, very helpful server what she would recommend and she paired me with wine that I enjoyed. I do not recall the name because before I knew it, a coworker started the ritual of everyone buying a bottle for the table and they all tasted the same after a while.

Two great restuarants in a week, Perry's and Silo's, kinda make me wanna plop down at Texas Roadhouse for those darn biscuits and that crack butter.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Just ate at Sand Bar. Had the Foie gras appetizer. it was okay, I never understood the hype about Foie gras, but it was fine.

They did have belon oysters, and they WERE worth all the hype. Great flavor, not salty. Very good. I asked the waiter if they were true DOC certified, and he said they were.

And they still have the best caesar salad in the city, bar none.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
Also ate at Rossini's in Castle Hills earlier in the week. Much more affordable then Etzio's previous place, Grissini's in Alamo Heights. Had the Penne with chicken and Gorgonzola. It was great. The still had marscapone cheese for a dessert (by itself, not just as part do the tiramisu) and pana cotta, which my wife LOVES. Not many places serve panna cotta any more in SA, so it was a nice surprise for her to find it here.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 AM

905 posts, read 2,958,421 times
We tried Islamorada Fish Company at the Bass Pro Shops at the Rim last night. Hubby didn't believe there was a restaurant there! lol - I had taken the advice from other CD folks from another thread and it was great advice! I had the maple coated salmon - yum yum! and he had the pan seared mahi with grilled shrimp on skewer and crab cake. Fresh vegies were excellent as was the wild rice. We also ordered calamari appetizer - more yum! The waitress brought our drinks right away, along with a nice loaf of fresh bread to munch on. Very impressed with this jewel, will definitely return. They have their menu posted online here:
Home - San Antonio, TX - Islamorada Fish Company | Bass Pro Shops

Old 02-04-2012, 04:09 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Had Magnolia Pancake house for breakfast, a 1 hour wait but well worth it. Food was great, service so-so.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:37 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Little Gretel for a late lunch. Amazing food as always. Great selection of Czech and German foods, salads, sandwiches, and daily specials.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:57 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Had Armadillos for dinner, great burgers. Got a coupon for 50% off thru the SA current.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio