Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Beijing Express drive through for the win!
Good stuff, very underrated food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Well a bunch of us headed to Tip Top for lunch. With a line out the door we decided to opt for Jim's at San Pedro & Hildebrand. Steaks were served lukewarm! Variety we had was otherwise decent.
Sometimes I dont like the wait, but when you sit down it's worth the wait. I may have to make a stop there.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:42 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Well a bunch of us headed to Tip Top for lunch. With a line out the door we decided to opt for Jim's at San Pedro & Hildebrand. Steaks were served lukewarm! Variety we had was otherwise decent.
Can't remember the last time I went to TipTop. I got to try it soon.

I love this topic. I've been home for a while now, after being away for so long, that I've forgotten some of the good classic eateries, ie. TipTop, Lulu's, etc that I have to make a list. The next time I get the inkling to go out to eat, instead of going to my regulars, I'll hit these up.

So thanks again.

But anyways, for a late lunch/early dinner, my brother and I went to Blue Star. We shared fried pickles, scarfed down some cheeseburgers with sweet potato fries and had a few sips of their wheathead all while sitting outside, enjoying the breeze. Food was okay. Pickles were the best part. My burger was a little cold. I like their sweet potato fries anyways. Beer was nice and cold.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Sometimes I dont like the wait, but when you sit down it's worth the wait. I may have to make a stop there.
We started to wait in fact had a difficult time meeting up after a funeral. But time was short.....2nd time we've been there and failed to eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
Can't remember the last time I went to TipTop. I got to try it soon.

I love this topic. I've been home for a while now, after being away for so long, that I've forgotten some of the good classic eateries, ie. TipTop, Lulu's, etc that I have to make a list. The next time I get the inkling to go out to eat, instead of going to my regulars, I'll hit these up.

So thanks again.
LULU's was considered....I think it was my doing turning away from Tip Top and Lulu's then got stuck with Jim's. Sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone. It's just that when you get up to my age the women start running the show and ya just gotta rebel..

Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 PM

Not too sound rude but Lulu's always has a funky smell inside, I avoid eating there and just take a quick cinnamon roll to go.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Not too sound rude but Lulu's always has a funky smell inside, I avoid eating there and just take a quick cinnamon roll to go.
I've gone a couple times when my boys were in town and wasn't impressed with their CFS or their giant cinnamon rolls. Agree the atmosphere leaves something to be desired.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:47 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,599 times
Has anyone here eaten at Alamo Springs Cafe in Fred'burg? My gf and I are going to take a drive out there and I want to know what to expect...

--Dim

Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM

923 posts, read 1,501,949 times
Ate at Thai Corner in Stone Oak (near Holy Trinity Catholic Church, used to be a mexican restaurant). It was good, I recommend it.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:50 PM

330 posts, read 587,431 times
Restaurant Gwendolyn for lunch. I loved it. They have a limited menu of sandwiches, salads, soups, and a special. Had the special: coconut curry over rice, awesome! The sandwiches and salads are $5-6 and the special was $9. You just head up to the counter and order, so it's wonderfully fast.

I'm really impressed with how well they operate as a lunch joint.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:41 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Took my father out to El Chaparral in Helotes for early lunch. The food was okay, nothing to rave about... but it wasn't bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio