Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 12:00 PM

410 posts, read 923,218 times

Advertisements

Let me preface my account by saying that for the longest time, I was Chili's biggest fan, most esp the one off 410/Broadway. Love it. I will emphasize, I have never had any negative experiences at 410/Broadway location.

Anyhoo, I went to 410/151 yesterday evening to place an order before the game. I walked in to the pickup counter, and was greeted by a female employee from a distance. From my vantage point I see the floor is littered in the area where the waitstaff pick up their orders. They must be super busy and haven't had a chance to clean I thought to myself. As I waited at the counter, who should decide to walk the runway in front of me?? A small brown cockroach. It strutted from the left to the right of counter. "Sashay, Sashay!" I called on the lady, waved her over to me and I said "There's a cockroach on your counter..... a german cockroach." I'm not sure why I added that. I was in shock. The lady promptly grabbed a small pad holder (the kind that the check comes in) and brings it down firmly on the little guy, splat! She scoots its little carcass off the counter, and places pad holder in an area behind the register. She didn't wipe the counter afterwards. I think she did apologize and then asked me how she could help me. I turn around to look at the couple behind me who are too busy reviewing the menu and were oblivious to what I'd witnessed. I excused myself, stepped to the side to let them through, while I occupied myself with my phone to tell my Spurs fans in waiting that there would be no boneless wings from Chili's tonite. This happened about 7 pm. To make things worse, the Spurs lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 02:26 PM

14 posts, read 23,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post
Let me preface my account by saying that for the longest time, I was Chili's biggest fan, most esp the one off 410/Broadway. Love it. I will emphasize, I have never had any negative experiences at 410/Broadway location.

Anyhoo, I went to 410/151 yesterday evening to place an order before the game. I walked in to the pickup counter, and was greeted by a female employee from a distance. From my vantage point I see the floor is littered in the area where the waitstaff pick up their orders. They must be super busy and haven't had a chance to clean I thought to myself. As I waited at the counter, who should decide to walk the runway in front of me?? A small brown cockroach. It strutted from the left to the right of counter. "Sashay, Sashay!" I called on the lady, waved her over to me and I said "There's a cockroach on your counter..... a german cockroach." I'm not sure why I added that. I was in shock. The lady promptly grabbed a small pad holder (the kind that the check comes in) and brings it down firmly on the little guy, splat! She scoots its little carcass off the counter, and places pad holder in an area behind the register. She didn't wipe the counter afterwards. I think she did apologize and then asked me how she could help me. I turn around to look at the couple behind me who are too busy reviewing the menu and were oblivious to what I'd witnessed. I excused myself, stepped to the side to let them through, while I occupied myself with my phone to tell my Spurs fans in waiting that there would be no boneless wings from Chili's tonite. This happened about 7 pm. To make things worse, the Spurs lost.
Those places have went down the crappa really quick.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:33 PM

410 posts, read 923,218 times
Thanks DON CRI.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:58 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Nicha's on 410 and Evers. We hit it in time for happy hour and either my tolerance has gone down since I haven't been drinking much lately or their margaritas are nice and strong. I felt nice and relaxed after just 2 and was thankful not to have to drive. I had a craving for their cheese enchiladas and they hit the spot. My husband ordered their beef fajitas and they were ridiculously tender and flavorful. The kids had nuggets and fries. It was my birthday and my son told them so they brought out some complimentary sopapillas. The service was wonderful. It's good for a quick and reasonably priced tex-mex fix.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:55 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,408,536 times
Gin's 410 and Evers.

Handmade pot stickers, I had forgotten how good they can be. Lunch specials were usual lunch special fare.

Anyway, went there when I asked a Taiwanese national where she went.

The interior took me back 30 something years when I was in Taiwan... OK 40 something years.

Will return soon for dinner Prices are a bargain.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:38 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Stumps on 471. Never. Again. This place was a little too hole-in-the-wall for me. Food wasn't anything to rave over and I saw a roach. After that, I couldn't eat my food.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 AM

293 posts, read 391,816 times
I too went to gins. We tend to order a few big plates, we get the green beans with beef which are amazingly delicious, the fried noodles with beef and its a wait for the pan fried dumplings but they are worth it.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:25 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,372 times
46th Street Pizza. Best NY pizza in San Antonio...it only took me five years to discover it. lol

Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
We ate lunch at Zoe's last week. I had a $5 off coupon to use. It was pretty good. I'd put it up there with Panera. I will totally go again.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,448 times
Sushihana - usually excellent, this time service fell apart. Waiter was totally out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio