Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,092,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
I ate lunch at China Harbor on Walzem recently, it was awful.
One of my friends got some food but then wasn't feeling well and asked if he could take it to go...they said no.
My other friend had water dripping on him (and his food) from a leak in the ceiling overhead.
A couple of us had queasy stomachs the rest of the afternoon.
Disgusting.
Bad food, terrible rude service, dont know how this place stays in business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 AM

9,849 posts, read 13,690,768 times
I went to Guillermo's at St. Mary's and McCullough on Tuesday. The food was delish and the atmosphere is great for the downtown area. It was a bit pricey though. $10 for a sandwich and pasta salad without a drink.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I went to Guillermo's at St. Mary's and McCullough on Tuesday. The food was delish and the atmosphere is great for the downtown area. It was a bit pricey though. $10 for a sandwich and pasta salad without a drink.
Funny I was there on Tuesday and thought the same thing, good food but pricey. Have you been to uptown deli next door?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:51 AM

168 posts, read 409,213 times
Newly opened STEAK & SHAKE at Alamo Ranch ...EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!
Chocolate Shake - no chocolate taste and extremely "watery". Definitely didn't need the spoon that came with that shake!
Burgers - bun was slimy and soggy with tasteless meat. It was falling apart it was so soggy- just could not finish it! Frisco Melt was overloaded with "sauce".
Fries - soggy and limp. Cheese fries was a plastic container of horrible tasting "cheese" sauce.
We were just about to leave and the manager, Jimmy, askedhow was everything? Well, we gave Jimmyvery honest feedback just as you read it here. He did admit they are still working out problems with their shakes and toldus the crispy fries aren't healthy, so they have gone by the way side. We laughed and said we wouldn't be eating atSteak and Shake if we wanted healthy! Heapologized for the burger failure and gave us coupons to return. It will be some time before we could eventhink about going back, even for "free" items and we told him that too!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napunani View Post
Newly opened STEAK & SHAKE at Alamo Ranch ...EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!
Too bad, I was looking forward to a Wisconsin Buttery.
Hopefully they'll get their act together; the one in far south Austin is good.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Funny I was there on Tuesday and thought the same thing, good food but pricey. Have you been to uptown deli next door?

I have. I've been there more than Guillermo's. I like it, but at times it seems just as good as a sandwich I could have brought from home. The owner is a sweetheart though.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:59 PM

166 posts, read 571,365 times
I've been to the Steak N Shake Sig at Alamo Ranch and enjoyed it every single time. If you've been to them before, please note that the menu at Alamo Ranch is limited to about five or six different burgers.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:41 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,402,237 times
has anyone been over to La Hacienda de los Barrios to ask them what the dealio is with Viola's? Just curious.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I have. I've been there more than Guillermo's. I like it, but at times it seems just as good as a sandwich I could have brought from home. The owner is a sweetheart though.
I tried a Panini and it was good, the owner is a nice guy. You will find me at Guillermo's a few times a week, cant go wrong.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I tried a Panini and it was good, the owner is a nice guy. You will find me at Guillermo's a few times a week, cant go wrong.
Then we've probably run across each other at least once. Some of my co-workers are obsessed with the salad at Gulliermo's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio