Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 08:36 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,736,869 times

Advertisements

Cooper's Old Fashion Pit BBQ in New Braunfels. Had two beef ribs, almost weighed a pound! Free Pinto Beans with trimmings. Will be back soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
NAO is a restaurant for the last semester students at the Culinary Institute, which may explain the good/bad nights that they have. It's a learning process. I think everyone that goes there should take that into consideration when eating there. While it's good food it's still learning and if you want a 100% good meal then you might as well make your own dinner at home.
When I worked at the Women's Correctional Facility, the cooking program allowed the "students" to make lunch twice a week for approximately 20 employees, who had to purchase lunch tickets ($2.00 at the time). One had to get to the front desk for their ticket as soon as they went on sale or they'd be sold out. The food was delicious! The "students" prepared the food under the direction of a supervising cooking instructor. I never had a bad meal from the "students". I would think the NAO students would put out a great meal every time.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:03 AM

501 posts, read 776,519 times
I know people tend to freak out when they hear "student" and before anyone gets the impression that Nao in any way resembles "Hell's Kitchen" (minus the Gordon Ramsey antics of course) let me state that they most definitely do excellent latin american food here.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:38 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
Beto's. Yummy food, great margaritas, gorgeous outdoor seating/eating, and good but not intrusive live music. It was awesome. I LOVE a good outdoor seating area, and always rejoice when it cools off enough that my husband will sit outside again!

Old 11-03-2013, 07:58 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,752 times
I tried Reed's Country Diner at the corner of NW Military and Lockhill Selma, let me tell you an awesome chicken fried steak, and the sides I had was okra and macaroni. I will stop again at this place, great food and the owner came many times to check on us. Strongly recommend it.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:01 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,231 times
Azro - Moroccan restaurant on NW Military. Pricey but the food was really tasty. Not an everday drop in ethnic restaurant but a nice destination.

Red Lobster - oh, well - order screwed up. Should have known better.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 AM

318 posts, read 570,423 times
Myron's on Friday night - it was spectacular as always. The steaks and jalapeno mac and cheese were incredible! Highly recommended versus the typical chain steakhouses in San Antonio.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:51 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Azro - Moroccan restaurant on NW Military. Pricey but the food was really tasty. Not an everday drop in ethnic restaurant but a nice destination.

Red Lobster - oh, well - order screwed up. Should have known better.
Ya know, we finally gave up on Red Lobster...only two of us and they can NEVER get the order correct....not like it is a huge crowd or anything...

Old 11-05-2013, 09:58 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,231 times
Yep - I hear you on that.

Myron's was rated 2nd best steak house in a San Antonio Magazine issue. I like it - but it's pricey. It's a birthday or other big deal visit. Great service and food.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:08 AM

574 posts, read 1,338,305 times
Kimura...

I had the Tonkotsu ramen, the noodles were perfectly cooked...nice and toothy with a great springiness. The broth I thought was a touch too murky with a bitter finish. Egg was nicely cooked, plenty of runny yolk (but not marinated) & the mushrooms were perfectly marinated and plump. No nori, no menma, pork belly was just okay. On a scale of 1-10...I'm giving this a 6.5. I also had the gyoza, which were very nicely done. Loved the lacey starch? crepe like thing in this iteration. A touch too gingery, but that's me being picky.

Will give it another try...will probably go for the miso ramen & yakitori the next go round.

Austin usually seems like a bit of a hump for good ramen, but after Kimura...that drive doesn't seem so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio