Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 10:50 PM

80 posts, read 58,008 times

Advertisements

To All,

PALOMA BLANCA, 5800 Broadway, Alamo Heights is a GOOD traditional MEXICAN (as opposed to Tex-Mex) restaurant.
(My beloved/adopted/adult daughter who is from Mexico really likes that place & always wants to go there when she visits.)

yours, tex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 06:56 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx78247 View Post
To All,

PALOMA BLANCA, 5800 Broadway, Alamo Heights is a GOOD traditional MEXICAN (as opposed to Tex-Mex) restaurant.
(My beloved/adopted/adult daughter who is from Mexico really likes that place & always wants to go there when she visits.)

yours, tex
Food is great. Service is hit or miss.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:13 PM

80 posts, read 58,008 times
rynetwo,

SORRY to hear that. = She/I has always gotten GREAT/attentive service there. - Just lucky, I'd guess.

yours, tex

Old 03-21-2016, 07:13 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
This past Sunday, I happened to drive near the Shuck Shack so I decided to stop in despite the fact it is just another one of Dady's pet projects.

The waiter recommended the (half) lobster roll which I reluctantly ordered since I am not a huge fan of mayo or seafood that is not fried. I actually enjoyed the roll and the fries both. The half roll is $22 so it is pretty pricey and for that reason, I probably won't be back anytime soon.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:16 PM

1,038 posts, read 876,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
This past Sunday, I happened to drive near the Shuck Shack so I decided to stop in despite the fact it is just another one of Dady's pet projects.

The waiter recommended the (half) lobster roll which I reluctantly ordered since I am not a huge fan of mayo or seafood that is not fried. I actually enjoyed the roll and the fries both. The half roll is $22 so it is pretty pricey and for that reason, I probably won't be back anytime soon.

Why would you reluctantly order something you know you likely wouldn't enjoy? Uphill battles for no apparent reason seem like a little too much work for me

The half roll has a TON of lobster in it. The full has more than an entire pound of lobster meat at $40. Try finding anywhere in this city that serves COLD water lobster for roughly $34/lb. No one.

It's really not pricey for what you get. And the quality of food at SS has been consistently great every time I've been.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Why would you reluctantly order something you know you likely wouldn't enjoy? Uphill battles for no apparent reason seem like a little too much work for me

The half roll has a TON of lobster in it. The full has more than an entire pound of lobster meat at $40. Try finding anywhere in this city that serves COLD water lobster for roughly $34/lb. No one.

It's really not pricey for what you get. And the quality of food at SS has been consistently great every time I've been.
Read my post again. I said I enjoyed the roll but I wasn't sure if I would. I like trying new things outside of my comfort zone. Isn't that what you always preach on instead of going to tired old chain restaurants?

Still feel it is pricey though.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:55 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,715 times
I ate at the Shuck Shack this weekend and loved it.
I like that they serve baked oysters, those are hard to find (I've had them at Luke's, but Shuck Shack is more within my price range).
And yes, I tried the Lobster Roll, and it was awesome.
So was the Oyster Chowder.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:55 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Shuck Shack also-Fish and Chips, for me; wife, Lobster Roll; daughter, Fish Tacos.
All were fresh and great bargains. Also shared deviled eggs and hush puppies.
Would order all three again.
My only complain was the French fries were too salty, but I rarely use salt on anything I cook.
Will go again soon.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:09 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,175 times
Sukeban at Blue Star.
Great cocktails and solid sushi. The tuna tacos (fried wonton with spicy tuna on top) were quite good, spicy tuna roll and spider roll were well made and tasty. Decor is great and nothing like you will see at other sushi joints in town. Interior walls are covered on anime art. Will be back again. I wish they had more Japanese comfort food dishes on the menu like tonkatsu or some udon.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:28 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
Pesto on Judson. The food was good and the service was fast and friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio