Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 PM

61,680 posts, read 87,077,794 times

Advertisements

I had lunch at "Green" today. (1017 N. Flores) Interesting menu. Pretty tasty dishes. I had "Mushroom Stroganoff over wheat pasta" - a good, balanced taste. Sadly, at lunch prime time the place was almost empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 02:11 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,492 times
Oloroso: I don't see it lasting through 2009. They've got banker's hours and when they are open, the dining room is rarely full...

If they could only tweak the menu, the service and their (lack of) advertising, they could really be a 'spot' in Southtown. For now, they'll be trampled on even moreso when Liberty Bar opens at St Benedicts.

Having eaten at Oloroso many times, I hope each time for a better experience. It's the main reason I haven't gone back.

BN

Old 09-23-2009, 09:23 AM

915 posts, read 1,903,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Oloroso: I don't see it lasting through 2009. They've got banker's hours and when they are open, the dining room is rarely full...

If they could only tweak the menu, the service and their (lack of) advertising, they could really be a 'spot' in Southtown. For now, they'll be trampled on even moreso when Liberty Bar opens at St Benedicts.

Having eaten at Oloroso many times, I hope each time for a better experience. It's the main reason I haven't gone back.

BN
Many thanks, you just saved me a good chunk of change. I was hoping I went on an off night, but it sounds like that wasn't the case.

Now, I need to get to Green soon.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:50 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
Many thanks, you just saved me a good chunk of change. I was hoping I went on an off night, but it sounds like that wasn't the case.

Now, I need to get to Green soon.
Mmmmmm....... Green.......

Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Guajillos:
It's the 3rd time that I go to Guajillos
Today I had one of the best meals I've had

Tostadas de Picadillo (Comes with a soup)
Ground beef sauce with carrots, potatoes and pecans, over tostadas. $5.95

I just had water, so I had a delicious soups, 2 delicious tostadas (just like chalupas) for a total of $6.50

FYI,
Fideos soup = Really good
Tortilla soup = Taste like if they put about 1/2 lb of pepper in your bowl.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:51 PM

61,680 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Went to the Main Street Pizza & Pasta on... Main St
The second time.
The first time I had chicken parmesan w/ cappelini marinara, salad and foccacia bread. The food was.... bland, the chicken dry (like a previously frozen patty, heated and left for way to long on the back burner) and the marinara sauce taste like right out of the jar. Skipped this place for a while, till today.
I had the same experience - it tasted just like ready to heat frozen food from Costco or Sysco alike.
I don't think that beside salads they actually prepare anything "homemade" there. The food is cheap, yes. And always crowded because the San Antonio College is nearby. I don’t think, that I will risk leaving my change there anytime soon.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:32 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,544,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Guajillos:
It's the 3rd time that I go to Guajillos
Today I had one of the best meals I've had

Tostadas de Picadillo (Comes with a soup)
Ground beef sauce with carrots, potatoes and pecans, over tostadas. $5.95

I just had water, so I had a delicious soups, 2 delicious tostadas (just like chalupas) for a total of $6.50

FYI,
Fideos soup = Really good
Tortilla soup = Taste like if they put about 1/2 lb of pepper in your bowl.
Thanks I will try it. I have eaten there a couple of times and it was good but I am always guessing at the menu. The waitresses try to help but their english is not much better than my spanish!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:13 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,223 times
Not sure if this is place is classified as a restaurant, but ate at fairly new place called K Burger on Harry Wurzbach. Worst hamburger I've ever had. In fact worst food I've ever had. Had to fight off the flies and the seasoning they use was terrible. Think I'll call the health dept. Got to go now, think I'm going to be sick....

Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Getting ready to throw down on some Wok Inn - my husband is none too happy about it.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:36 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,586,700 times
Chilis on Broadway, food is good and service is excellent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio