U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the City Bond?
Yes we need it! 15 62.50%
No they just want more money! 6 25.00%
What will it cost me? 1 4.17%
I'm not voting! 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 05:11 PM

71 posts, read 274,211 times

Advertisements

"On May 12, 2007, San Antonio voters will have the opportunity to consider the City of San Antonio's $550 Million Bond Program. The program includes 151 projects designed to improve and enhance existing, as well as acquire or construct, new, local streets, bridges, sidewalks, drainage facilities, parks, athletics facilities, libraries and public health centers." From the City of San Antonio Webite

I want to see what people think about the city bond that is being voted on May 12th and if your for it or agaist it and why?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Oh here is the City website if you would like to find out more info.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/2007bond/

Old 04-10-2007, 07:34 PM

11,513 posts, read 12,609,867 times
I'm going with no. I'm tired of getting raped for school taxes when I have no kids.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 AM

I think this bond is awesome it cost you nothing! all the city is doing is asking us to borrow the money. People complain about streets,park lands,drainage and so on ...so give the city what it needs to fix it! Now its not the cities fault your paying for a fast growing school district thats yours you choose the neighborhood move out if you don't like it.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:44 PM

11,431 posts, read 17,197,192 times
I don't believe the stats that the pro-bond side puts out. You know, the gov't could always REFUND us tax $$$, but that will never happen, will it? I am a single taxpayer with no kids who is forced to pay for this and it's not fair. I will vote no on bonds.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:08 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,531,699 times
I guess I'm the only brave one to post and say I'm voting yes to both the city and school bonds. People complain all the time about the crowded schools, schools that are falling apart, roads that need to be fixed, the lack of parks, drainage, etc. Well these things aren't going to get fixed on their own.

I read a discussion about school taxes on another forum awhile back, and there was one comment that has stuck in my head. And I had never really thought about it this way....for those who don't think they should have to pay school taxes because they don't have children, you need to remember these children are our future politicians, nurses, doctors, business leaders, housing construction and road construction workers, teachers, etc. (You name the profession.) And let's not forget about those who work in that nursing home you may end up in someday. ;-)

Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM

29 posts, read 87,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
I guess I'm the only brave one to post and say I'm voting yes to both the city and school bonds. People complain all the time about the crowded schools, schools that are falling apart, roads that need to be fixed, the lack of parks, drainage, etc. Well these things aren't going to get fixed on their own.

I read a discussion about school taxes on another forum awhile back, and there was one comment that has stuck in my head. And I had never really thought about it this way....for those who don't think they should have to pay school taxes because they don't have children, you need to remember these children are our future politicians, nurses, doctors, business leaders, housing construction and road construction workers, teachers, etc. (You name the profession.) And let's not forget about those who work in that nursing home you may end up in someday. ;-)
Good point.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:24 PM

925 posts, read 977,432 times
I voted YES with a big SMILE on my face.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:57 AM

11,431 posts, read 17,197,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
I voted YES with a big SMILE on my face.
Why were you so excited to vote yes on it?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:43 AM

925 posts, read 977,432 times
The comment was meant to convey the opposite emotion that others have expressed in this thread. I don\'t think I was really smiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio