Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a vegetarian?
Yes you don't know what your missing! 12 35.29%
No, Wheres the Beef? 15 44.12%
Who doesn't eat meat? 1 2.94%
I'm a chicketarian...bring on the chicken! 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:55 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,524,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdegrella View Post
I've eaten Breakfast at Green twice, and while the food was tasty, I couldn't believe that hydrogenated spread was served instead of real butter or another non-trans fat alternative. THIS IS NOT HEALTHY! I also got an upset stomach after eating there and have heard other similar reports so I wonder if that is because they might cook with hydrogenated (trans-fat) oils?

While I am not an vegetarian, I have friends who are and I really would like to see this be a San Antonio restaurant to be proud of. But until this issue is resolved, I am embarrassed that our City would be so behind the times that we still think eating margarine is healthier than eating real butter.
Did you talk to Mike about this, or even email him? (His email is on the website.) I could understand them not serving real butter, since it's made with milk, but I am curious about the hydrogentated spread. I eat at Green frequently and have never had an upset stomach from it. Quite the opposite, I've never felt better than when I was eating lunch there nearly daily (not working downtown anymore, so I don't get my daily dose anymore ).

Huge fan of Green here, would love to know what you hear from Mike!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 07:03 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,309,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn614 View Post
Both are wonderful, Adelante's atmosphere is very funky and the owner does most of the cooking. My kids love it!

Both restaurants are in Sunset Ridge Shopping Center.
On a personal note I am so old I have been going to Adelante since 1984!
Yikes!
This totally confused me, because there is a boutique in Sunset Ridge (near La Fonda) by the same name, right? Adelante? Or something close? Or is that the restaruant? What's on Brees that used to be that cute little boutique with the cats? you, know across from EZ's. I haven't stopped long enough to figure out the new changes.

Twin Sister's I know!

Old 06-18-2007, 06:58 PM
McJ

169 posts, read 478,671 times
I went there today! I really enjoyed it. I hope they eventually open up a second in the Austin area, which is where I live.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
Default The desserts are awesome as well!

The desserts are awesome...you must try the chocolate coffee cake, the carrot cake, the keylime cupcake, Black Forest Beet cake..oh the list goes on and on...I am not big on bakery by any stretch...but these are really something special.... It is a great place to take that special person for that nice little late night sweet stop.....oh and you can also get something savory if you like...

I also like the selection of music...bit of jazzlike....but very current and eclectic....

Oh did I mention the kid menu....!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 AM

119 posts, read 429,509 times
Another veggie here! Green recently updated there menu. If I lived remotely close to there I would go every day. I love Green! Mike is the best as is the staff and the atmosphere is very laid-back.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:04 AM

129 posts, read 511,263 times
I have been meaning to try this place. BTW, theres a buy one get one free coupon in todays Weekender!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 AM

791 posts, read 3,948,646 times
Also, make sure to go to the Green website (green vegetarian cuisine - San Antonio's Only Vegetarian) and sign up for the email newsletter. Mike sends out a weekly email and there's always a coupon for something, like a free bkfst taco or $ off a meal, etc. He also gives you heads up on all the specials that week so you can plan ahead for your favorites. I'm not vegetarian, but the food at Green is so good you don't miss anything! One word of caution, though... "vegetarian" does NOT automatically equal "healthy". There are a lot of fried foods on the menu at Green (the sweet potato fries are to die for) so if you're watching fats or sugars, you still need to be vigilant about your choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio