Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:10 AM

173 posts, read 617,459 times

Advertisements

Westcreek is really nice and the rent pricing is not too bad. I am not too familiar w/ the other subdivisions you mentioned. There are some newer subdivisions off Potranco, just inside 1604 that seem nice and clean....Spring Vistas, Brycewood, etc... that might be an option. They are in the 78251 zip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 07:24 AM

173 posts, read 617,459 times
The subdivisions off Potranco that are inside 1604 are near bus lines. There is also shopping nearby....nice grocery store, cleaners, etc....Magnolia Heights is another that comes to mind.

Bradfield properties is a good website to look at.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:20 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,678 times
We live in Brycewood--just off of Potranco and 151. About 10 minutes to Lackland. My in-laws live in Trophy Ridge (built by Medallion Homes) which is on Potranco just inside Loop 1604. LOVE LOVE LOVE the homes in Trophy Ridge. That was actually our first choice when we moved here 3 years ago. The house we wanted was available and done--except it was going to be 3 more months before utilities would be run to the community and we couldn't wait--so we settled on Brycewood (built by Pulte). Trophy Ridge is next door to HEB Plus and they are currently building an elementary school in that community. Lots of other shopping close by to both neighborhoods too. Both are 78251.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:51 PM

34 posts, read 197,848 times
Try looking for homes in the Sunset Subdivision at 78245. It is only 10-12 minutes to Lackland and has a huge military presence. Saw some homes for rent and lease yesterday while walking the dogs. (What is the difference between rent and lease? Hmm?)

Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 PM

4 posts, read 23,081 times
Default Sunset @ Marbach and 1604

Sunset is nice. Northside Independent Schools and less than ten minutes to Wilford Hall.

I admit to being biased as I used to live in that neighborhood.

I'm now over by Ft Sam and this neighborhood has tons of rentals as well.

Last edited by SaytownUSN; 08-06-2007 at 12:15 AM..

Old 08-06-2007, 03:20 AM

431 posts, read 929,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
We have found some rentals in Northwest Crossing, Westcreek, Sagewood, Timber Ridge, and Guilbeau Park - how are these areas? Thanks to all of you who have replied so far. Now, can you comment on these areas specifically?

I've heard that the traffic on Bandera is bad - I'm bracing myself for that.

Again, THANK YOU for your generosity in sharing information!
WestCreek is a great area, not to mention alot of us military folk live in that area. Welome to Lackland, feel free to shoot me a pm about any questions you have in regards to the base and San Antonio in general. Is your sponsor helping out at all?

Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 AM

796 posts, read 3,049,612 times
I grew up in Valley Hi. It really depends on the actual street that you pick there, not necessarily the neighborhood. For example, my dad's street (Maple Valley) is pretty good as far as maintenance, there are/were a lot of military people that lived and retired here so they tend to take care of their yards. My parents moved there in '71 and stayed because of the closeness of Wilford Hall. My mom had an artificial heart valve and was needing blood tests almost on a weekly basis. She passed away almost two years ago and now my dad had his heart valve replaced and can't keep up with the yard as much anymore. He is planning on selling the house. He owns two lots. If you drive down Medina Base Rd it is that corner house with the big fenced in yard on the street right before the field. The bus stop is right there at the corner too. Sometimes he takes it instead of driving to save on gas. Anyway, I got off the subject a little. The street before his is runned down looking, etc.

There is a pretty new neighborhood down Medina Base Road inside 410 that I would say stay away from. I can't remember the name of it, I have to ask my dad. The builders built these homes knowing that the area floods. It is not in a flood plain, though. I think the builder's recently fessed up that they knew about this issue and have started to blame Lackland. I don't know all of the details.

My inlaws live in Northwest Crossing. It's not a bad looking neighborhood, just older. You can easily get to Lackland without ever having to get on Bandera Rd. There are bus stops up and down the main road too.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,678 times
Bandera is pretty bad.

You might also try some communities up and down Potranco--about a 10-15 minute commute to Lackland from where we live. The traffic is getting worse, but it's not stop-n-go like Bandera (in my opinion and during the times I've driven anyway). Several homes are available for rent in Brycewood, Sierra Springs, Trophy Ridge....there's other communities up and down the road too...just can't think of all the names.

Tiffany

Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 PM

874 posts, read 2,894,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaytownUSN View Post
I'm now over by Ft Sam and this neighborhood has tons of rentals as well.
Can you tell me what area by Ft Sam has a lot of rentals? Do you mean houses or apartments? My husband and I are in town just for another day and a half trying to find a house or apartment to rent - moving back here next week. We drove by Ft Sam today, but didn't see any rentals other than apartment complexes - maybe I was looking in the wrong area? Thanks.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:37 PM

34 posts, read 98,300 times
There are some really decent rentals in Tara (potranco) and there are alot of bus commuters.
1604 traffic is bad between Potranco/Culebra/Bandera.
For rentals those are pretty decent neighborhoods.
Ang
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio