U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 PM

37 posts, read 37,124 times

Advertisements

I'm a Viet-Nam Vet and native of San Antonio of 58 years, once upon a time a dallas cowboy fan since 1960. Back in 1960 San Antonio was a small small town, actually bigger than dallas and houston. Now in 2009 my pride like every other Texan is San Antonio which is becoming the BOOMTOWN for the next 30 years or so. For the other Texas cities like dallas and houston they have their own Texas pride. San Antonio is becoming a AeroSpace Hub or Mecca, Big time hollywood studios are actually building their studios here, Major Corporate Head Quarters are about to locate in our major metro maybe metroplex city and now we have all major leagues like NFL NHL MBL MSL are actually looking at out BIG TIME CITY because we are becoming the modern future city in the nation or maybe in the world. By the way Texas fans the texans and the cowboys will never be good enough for me win or lose this is coming from a true San Antonian. I'm one to say my city of SAN ANTONIO is not no stepchild to no other city. Go SAN ANTONIO DEFENDERS Go of the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,846,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
I'm a Viet-Nam Vet and native of San Antonio of 58 years, once upon a time a dallas cowboy fan since 1960. Back in 1960 San Antonio was a small small town, actually bigger than dallas and houston. Now in 2009 my pride like every other Texan is San Antonio which is becoming the BOOMTOWN for the next 30 years or so. For the other Texas cities like dallas and houston they have their own Texas pride. San Antonio is becoming a AeroSpace Hub or Mecca, Big time hollywood studios are actually building their studios here, Major Corporate Head Quarters are about to locate in our major metro maybe metroplex city and now we have all major leagues like NFL NHL MBL MSL are actually looking at out BIG TIME CITY because we are becoming the modern future city in the nation or maybe in the world. By the way Texas fans the texans and the cowboys will never be good enough for me win or lose this is coming from a true San Antonian. I'm one to say my city of SAN ANTONIO is not no stepchild to no other city. Go SAN ANTONIO DEFENDERS Go of the NFL.
Can I get some of what you're smoking?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:14 PM

5,637 posts, read 14,195,380 times
Thanks for your service.

Now, I need to slap you:

Where is our AeroSpace Hub?
Where are the movie studios?
Alright, maybe you have a point with some of the corporate headquarters...but I can only think of maybe 1 off the top of my head right now...

Old 08-04-2009, 09:45 PM

927 posts, read 1,229,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Can I get some of what you're smoking?
He's just being enthusiastic about this town that's all. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
He's just being enthusiastic about this town that's all. Nothing wrong with that.
Bwahahahahaha!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Bwahahahahaha!!!
Hey Einstein. Do you have anything positive to contribute to this thread? Or is that just a normal reply from you?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Hey Einstein. Do you have anything positive to contribute to this thread? Or is that just a normal reply from you?
It's fairly normal for me...and I'll say it again! Bwahahahahaha!!

Thanks for playing.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,312 times
San Antonio needs to grow up and have its own NFL team. The local Dallas Cowboy fans are controlled and told what to do and say by Big D and the Big D Owner Jerry Jones. San Antonio needs to grow a pair and demand its own team. Local football fans will let you know that we already have any NFL team, the Cowboys, but how many local fans do actually pay to see a Cowboy game and support the team with season tickets like the fans in Dallas. No very many although i recognize the fact that a few hundred SA residents drive to Dallas for the games on a weekly basis. SA does not support the Cowboys like the season ticket holders in do in Dallas. SA Dallas Cowboy fans luv the Cowboys because it doesnt cost them any $$$, only beer and bbqs on the weekends. SA Dallas Cowboy fans want there NFL game free and with no responsibility in contributing to the product. Step up San Antonio and dont be afraid to get into the game!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredvill View Post
San Antonio needs to grow up and have its own NFL team. The local Dallas Cowboy fans are controlled and told what to do and say by Big D and the Big D Owner Jerry Jones. San Antonio needs to grow a pair and demand its own team. Local football fans will let you know that we already have any NFL team, the Cowboys, but how many local fans do actually pay to see a Cowboy game and support the team with season tickets like the fans in Dallas. No very many although i recognize the fact that a few hundred SA residents drive to Dallas for the games on a weekly basis. SA does not support the Cowboys like the season ticket holders in do in Dallas. SA Dallas Cowboy fans luv the Cowboys because it doesnt cost them any $$$, only beer and bbqs on the weekends. SA Dallas Cowboy fans want there NFL game free and with no responsibility in contributing to the product. Step up San Antonio and dont be afraid to get into the game!
Well said. I agree.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:43 PM

15,140 posts, read 20,278,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredvill View Post
San Antonio needs to grow up and have its own NFL team.
NFL owners don't care if a city is a baby or a MILF
it's all about money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio