Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,077 times

Advertisements

NOLA, I don't think so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 07:58 PM

715 posts, read 1,356,564 times
Jerry Jones won't allow it and the more people keep supporting the damn Cowboys, it just sticks the nail in the coffin for us ever getting our own team. Jerry Jones doesn't give a rats ass about SA, he just uses us for the extra money that we bring in for "America's Team". But yea, how in the hell does Jacksonville have a team anyway??

Old 07-14-2010, 09:21 PM

8 posts, read 8,990 times
The Alamodome is outdated, the problem with San Antonio is that we want better roads, but we don't want to pay for it, we want better education , but we dont want to pay for it, we want a better city, but we don;t like or embrace change, the problem is small minds, how can we change small minds, I tell you how. Stop listening to those who can't handle progress, change is good but it cost money, and money brings more money, but we must cut that ridiculus unbilical cord with the Cowboys, they are not our team, they are Dallas' team. They play at Dallas, they do comunity work in Dallas and all the money that is generated in taxes by Da'boys it stays in Dallas, there are thousends of people willing to travel to Dallas to spend 70.00 in parking fees to see the Cowboys. Don;t tell me that San Antonio is not ready for an NFL team, we are better than many markets out there and definetly that Jacksonville, The Jaguars have so little support, that the Jaguars owner wants to get out of there, but LA is not the answer, they tried and failed twice, California is broke, taxes are killing all business in California, The NFL don;t want Las Vegas because of the gambling, it only takes a little vision, it is a great opportunity, I see it and I bet I'm not the only one. Yes there it is, The Alamodome can start the Jaguars but we can do better than that, with bonds, for those who dont know what bonds are, they are little loans that the city sells to the citizens, that means that if one buys a bond after some many years, one gets the money back with a little interest. So I hope that the leaders can see the opportunity that is outhere and jump on it. and for those who don't like the idea, well, put on you blue shirt, open-up you bush lite and get out of the way, you don;t have to participate in progress, just don;t get on the way.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 PM

97 posts, read 238,580 times
hmmmmm.....hmmmmm....I wondered at that for the longest. I don't know. For one, look at the area size of the city. Take that into consideration, and plus, the economy. I mean, Texas already have the Texans, and the Cowboys, be -Content-

Old 09-11-2010, 04:06 PM

10 posts, read 10,847 times
1 reason why i support the cowboys because it is the nearest football team, if san antonio where to get a football team, i would support them all the way, i would throw away all my cowboy stuff and i bet all those stickers of that blue star stuck on peoples cars and doors will be replaced with the new teams logo.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:59 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
I haven't heard one person here talking about supporting the UTSA football team.
Instead, people rather cheer for a NFL team from other city or live in an fantasy World where San Antonio has an NFL team after all the stars aligned.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I haven't heard one person here talking about supporting the UTSA football team.
Instead, people rather cheer for a NFL team from other city or live in an fantasy World where San Antonio has an NFL team after all the stars aligned.
I never said I would not support UTSA football. I think it's a great thing and I hope with all of my heart that the nascent program picks up huge support locally over the next year leading up to opening day and beyond.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:35 AM

361 posts, read 924,826 times
SA cannot afford an NFL team. Out of the top ten largest cities in America, SA is most likely the poorest. We can barely afford the spurs with attendance usually weak up until the playoffs. An NFL team would cost more, and ticket prices to NFL games are higher than basketball. You think seeing a SPurs game can wipe out your entire paycheck? Ha! Go to Dallas and see the cowboys.

Plus, as par with the tradition, some greedy billionaire team owner will demand taxpayers pay for the new arena, and since it's everyoe else's money, he'll expect the best at the highest price possible just for the sake of bragging rights.

We just cannot afford it.

The only other pro sports team San Antonio could afford is maybe NHL hockey, because the players don't get paid as much, the arenas are smaller so there just isn't a need for a billion-dollar super-stadium, and due to the smaller arenas don't need a many fans to support. If San Jose and Miami can support NHL hockey teams then so can San Antonio. But this is San Antonio where every Mexican and American soccer fan would pave the streets with blood if we got a hockey team over a soccer or baseball team.

Plus there are pro sports leagues that are not exactly "big mainstream" like football, soccer, et al. such as swimming, cycling, and basically the stuff you see at the Olympics. They have much smaller fan bases but their events do attract national and even international coverage

Old 09-12-2010, 07:15 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by combo12 View Post
1 reason why i support the cowboys because it is the nearest football team, if san antonio where to get a football team, i would support them all the way, i would throw away all my cowboy stuff and i bet all those stickers of that blue star stuck on peoples cars and doors will be replaced with the new teams logo.
I think the Texans are actually the nearest team.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 PM

399 posts, read 1,139,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
I think the Texans are actually the nearest team.
Not to mention the only team with a winning record in the state tonight! Support Bob McNair, forget Jerry Jones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio