Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 10:16 AM

392 posts, read 749,384 times

Advertisements

As a New Orleans native, I just wanna see my Saints. However, I'd still be all over a new San Antonio team if we got one here... except when they play DEM SAINTS! Hopefully someday, someone will put up the investment for it. You think San Antonio is poor? New Orleans is POOR, and the rest of Louisiana doesn't give a whole hell of a lot of support to the team, it's primarily just in the N.O. metro. Of course, it's also propped up by taxes, sooooo there's that big problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,340 times
I've written here many times that San Antonio is long, long overdue for an NFL team. And I think the time may be drawing nearer finally. Once the league and the players finally reach a CBA then the league will be able to focus on other things like relocation and/or expansion. San Antonio will figure into these equations because of the area's size and tremendous growth of recent years.

Placing a team in Los Angeles will be on the minds of many owners after a CBA is reached and that's ok. But San Antonio will warrant some attention as well. The other Texas owners will have to be compensated for allowing a third Texas NFL team also and a new TV market will have to be carved into existence which will include nearby Austin.

In my view it's only a matter of time before we'll be seeing NFL football in San Antonio full-time. Not just a few relocated Saints games.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:16 PM

37 posts, read 42,344 times
Hey Gotti is backkkkk,

The last time I read all this negitive replys San Antonio is now becoming the mega city I thought it becoming to be. The city now is booming in every sector of the economy from finance, aero space, cyberspace, high tech, medical, the arts, mass transit and goverment. Next thing that coming is APPLE, Sprint, Disney Theme Park and yes the NFL. We are nobodys suburban etc... dallas, houston. Oh yes in 2013 San Antonio and Austin the next metro.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:45 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
I agree, it is a totally defeatist mindset...
Nope, not negative or defeatist at all; it's called reality.

And just to let you know it's not me being "negative", I WOULD support a local NFL team. But I have many Cowboys fans in my family, and every single one of them has told me that they would continue to support the Cowboys. I've asked and they have told me so.

After all these years of pursuing this ridiculous NFL fantasy, I would hope that we would finally learn our lesson.

Major League Baseball, folks; it would work.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:11 PM

San Antonio will be and always will be the Lone Start city this is where TEXAS became to be not dallas and houston. The state of Texas grew to become a country and now it is a continent. dallas and houston for me will never make SAN ANTONIO be a suburb of them especially in professional sports. In TEXAS texans think big and this texan dallas and houston will never be big enough for me in professional sports. NFL will notice SAN ANTONIO... mark me down for this one

Old 01-15-2012, 04:49 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
NFL will notice SAN ANTONIO... mark me down for this one
It's not just up to the League, gotti.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:11 PM

That is a easy answer remove jerry jones and mcnair suddenly San Antonio Texas is worth allot of $$$$ with a new franchise. It is not that San Antonio has not been ready the past 5 or more years for a NFL franchise. Could you imagine if we already had a NFL franchise award to us back in 1995 it would be been a model franchise for the NFL to be proud of like our Spurs being legendary frachise.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:21 PM

It political BS... at the present time I'm a SAINTS fan because they were the closest thing to being the San Antonio Saints... San Antonio Texas is not suburb of either dallas or houston. This BIG city of SAN ANTONIO has change in a huge way, it is very positive about itself tremedously. Look out TEXAS, the nation and the world. BIG SA is the ECONOMIC POWERHOUSE.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:27 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post

Major League Baseball, folks; it would work.
Not for San Antonio it wouldn't. Too small of a market. NFL would be better for SA.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:29 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
It political BS... at the present time I'm a SAINTS fan because they were the closest thing to being the San Antonio Saints... San Antonio Texas is not suburb of either dallas or houston. This BIG city of SAN ANTONIO has change in a huge way, it is very positive about itself tremedously. Look out TEXAS, the nation and the world. BIG SA is the ECONOMIC POWERHOUSE.
The economic powerhouse? Not in Texas. That belongs to Houston and Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio