Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times

Advertisements

My buddy who just moved up to C-Springs last week sent me this...
Quote:
It was 65 here yesterday, around 48 last night, and I think it hit 70 today. It's dark and getting ready to rain now though.
He didn't like the heat down here so he's happy. Still, I do miss the cooler weather a little.. this may be a brutal summer with triple digit temperatures already in June!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 04:46 PM

72 posts, read 165,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
My buddy who just moved up to C-Springs last week sent me this...

He didn't like the heat down here so he's happy. Still, I do miss the cooler weather a little.. this may be a brutal summer with triple digit temperatures already in June!

Cheers! M2
He's in the perfect place for cold weather! The thing I dislike so much about The Springs is the erratic weather. It could be cold/rainy and by 5 p.m., it will get hot. It did reach 70's, but by then your whole morning is wasted. And the arctic wind is just horrible. Even when in the 70's, 80's or 90's that cold wind is brutal making it so annoying to go for a swim and drying off! I miss my Las Vegas heat; I say bring on the triple digits! Well, assuming we have a nice pool in our backyard of course…

Old 06-13-2009, 05:07 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,839,572 times
Hi almitainCO:
I'm a native in the area. Born and raised in San Antonio. I recently lived in St. Louis metro for 7 years. I have been in Seguin since summer 06. I have taken lots of photos of San Antonio and surrounding communities and I thought I would like to share them with you. Check this page.
Photobucket Albums

By the way, welcome to our forum and hope to hear more from you in the future.
gy2020

Old 06-13-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Hi almitainCO:
I'm a native in the area. Born and raised in San Antonio. I recently lived in St. Louis metro for 7 years. I have been in Seguin since summer 06. I have taken lots of photos of San Antonio and surrounding communities and I thought I would like to share them with you. Check this page.
Photobucket Albums

By the way, welcome to our forum and hope to hear more from you in the future.
gy2020

Thank you so much gy2020! I'm going to go and look at them now. I can't wait to actually go there this winter and tour as much as I can. But for now, I will look at your photos. They will give me something to look forward to! Again thank you!

Old 06-13-2009, 09:30 PM

80 posts, read 288,728 times
I posted on your 'gym' thread before I saw this one. We moved from Castle Rock in February-Darn Economy!! We're not military, obviously. My husband had never been to Texas and I had visited Austin once. We're adjusting slowly. We tried camping this weekend and ended up coming home early. NOT like CO!! Way too hot. Alas-we'll be changing how we camp and go spring and fall instead!

I have a 10-month-old and 5-year-old. Do you know the area you're going to be living in? We looked a lot at schools and such when house-hunting.

I'll admit, I miss 'home', but I do like it here. However, I liked the snow and crazy weather!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomgirl79 View Post
I posted on your 'gym' thread before I saw this one. We moved from Castle Rock in February-Darn Economy!! We're not military, obviously. My husband had never been to Texas and I had visited Austin once. We're adjusting slowly. We tried camping this weekend and ended up coming home early. NOT like CO!! Way too hot. Alas-we'll be changing how we camp and go spring and fall instead!

I have a 10-month-old and 5-year-old. Do you know the area you're going to be living in? We looked a lot at schools and such when house-hunting.

I'll admit, I miss 'home', but I do like it here. However, I liked the snow and crazy weather!
Hi there!
We'll most likely live in the 78258 or 78260 zip code. It's all about the schools for us. We have a 10.5 year old and a 5.5 year old and by the time we move, our oldest will be entering Junior High, so either Tejeda or Lopez and either Wilderness Oak or Hardy Oak for elementary.

Yes, the heat is something to get used to. I miss the heat, though! We lived in Las Vegas, Nevada for 4 years and before that we were in San Diego, Ca. so I need some heat! It's funny because my Husband was born and raised in New England, and even he doesn't like the cold!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio