Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM

68 posts, read 362,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
Seriously, you followed a few punks for graffiti? Was you life worth it? That's pretty stupid IMO. Call the police and let them handle it, whether they choose to do anything about it or not. All we need is to read on woai some couple was shot and carjacked because they followed a few thugs around after they were spray painting something.

Does no one have common sense anymore?

Honestly merc11ty:
Did you not read the original post- they were 12 & 14 and besides that we kept about a half a block away from them anyway- because it is a crazy world.
The bottom line to this post is trying to get graffitti stopped for all the areas in San Antonio. I have never understood this forums tendency to turn on each other. Knock it off and stick to the matter at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 PM

299 posts, read 607,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGirl View Post
Honestly merc11ty:
Did you not read the original post- they were 12 & 14 and besides that we kept about a half a block away from them anyway- because it is a crazy world.
The bottom line to this post is trying to get graffitti stopped for all the areas in San Antonio. I have never understood this forums tendency to turn on each other. Knock it off and stick to the matter at hand.
Yea..12 and 14 year olds have NEVER shot anyone

If you want to join SAPD, they're still hiring, otherwise, leave it to the pros.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
Yea..12 and 14 year olds have NEVER shot anyone

If you want to join SAPD, they're still hiring, otherwise, leave it to the pros.
Yes because the pros do it so well

Don't feed the troll CameraGirl it just keeps them talking.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post

Obviously they do or they wouldn't have been called.

OMG you're so super clever!

Old 06-12-2009, 01:01 PM

68 posts, read 362,042 times
Default No good deed goes un-punished!

First off -- what is at issue here- ME or the taggers??? Is what I did worse than the thug taggers. I wrote that I called the police when I saw taggers doing their handiwork, we stayed with them to lead the police to "them" and not just the aftermath. We stayed a good distance away and went to talk with the businesses the next day and at the insistence of several of you here on the forum we contacted the media and the mayor's office and now I find myself at the brunt of all your "anger and criticism". I just don't get it. Here I thought I was being a "good citizen, but really I was going about it all wrong". Has the heat got to you all.

wCat:
I did understand you about the POLICE not collecting money- I said so in my last post. I GOT IT THE POLICE ARE NOT COLLECTING MONEY!!! I felt the need to clear things up with you direct like- you were the first person to respond to my post. I mis-understood what you meant when you said donations for paint- I understood it to mean money for paint and not actual paint donations and by the way I didn't get into that level of "specifics with either the news stations or the Mayor's office" - just more of the basic concepts. You in your post- encouraged me to call news stations and etc... and to follow up. I have! I thought I was doing right by the situation. Then you and some others have to come screaming down on me. I am an adult and can call the police- cops or whatever. They say cops. Their is a show called "Cops". I don't need an ettiquette lesson. I have not contacted anymore media and I feel that I have been properly chastised enough. I am mad about all this graffitti happening to my new town. I was just trying to help the community. Why does this always go this same way- no good deed goes unpunished!

By the way- I have not heard back from any of the media- but, I was at least trying. If none of them have called back by now- I doubt any of them care.

Merc11ty: you've almost convinced me to not be a good and pro-active citizen just like yourself. GOOD JOB.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGirl View Post
Merc11ty: you've almost convinced me to not be a good and pro-active citizen just like yourself. GOOD JOB.
No worries, that's what I'm here for. Just mind your own business and make sure you have your CHL. If something goes down major enough that you can use your weapon, than by all means. Aside from that, just stay out of everything else.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:26 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post

Just an FYI, I got a warning for calling someone a troll on here as meager as it sounds. So you may want to alter your post before you get accused of "attacking someone."

Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Just an FYI, I got a warning for calling someone a troll on here as meager as it sounds. So you may want to alter your post before you get accused of "attacking someone."
this is true..moderation is pretty uptight on this bored.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 PM

905 posts, read 2,958,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Honestly, the dumpsters are private property of the sanitation company. The city really could not force them to incur the cost of keeping them graff free. That cost would only be passed on to the customers. I certainly don't want that. It's just a dumpster...not a building or business. At&T and other companies have made a corporate decision to keep graf off their property. It's not being enforced by the city.
That may be the case, but it doesn't change the facts. Not all dumpsters are hidden behind buildings; there are some that are in plain sight. Someone should be responsible for cleaning the graffiti off of them as well. The property owners whose buildings, etc are being tagged will be fined if they do not clean off the graffiti. I'm sure that cost is also passed on to the customers. I'm glad some companies have been proactive regarding the graffiti. That cost is probably being passed along to the consumers as well.

The real problem with graffiti is in the last sentence in the quote. It's not being enforced by the city.

Maybe it will take a grassroots effort by all of us to contact our city council reps and get them moving on this issue. I live in District 8, too, Primo. The next time I drive up VJ, I'll keep a lookout for graffiti.

Last edited by catriona; 06-12-2009 at 01:50 PM..

Old 06-12-2009, 01:45 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I hate graffiti and tagging as much as the next person. It's just that people get so pissy about the cops--if they have a speed trap, then people say "Is that all they have to do all day, sit out here and catch speeders?" Imagine if any emphasis is put on something that a lot of people think of as only being a slight nuisance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio