Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 04:49 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Sometims I would see a cop on a motorcyle down the hill by that Baptist Church.
Every time I see the motorcycle cop, he's in the convenience store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
OK...so my next purchase...recommendations please???
Laser Jammer : Shop Laser Jammers & Laser Veil at Radar Busters

the best system right now is a grand, but I warn you Cops always find a way to beat you, I've seen a case, when another person with a Jammer was "paced" the cop used the lidar on a vehicle right next to him and gave him his speed.

a decent system will cost you 300-400 dollars. but a more simpler way to save money is just follow the 5mph method, if traffic is doing 65, if you want to stay ahead do 70 if you want to avoid traffic, or are behind it do 60 untill you find a decent opening, no need to pass traffc at 80mph unless theres an emergency.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Is it that cubby cop thats always eating? if so, LOL then.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yeah he "conveniently" wasnt there as I was in the middle of shouting match with some toolbox whos Mom didnt teach him how to talk to women.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Yeah he "conveniently" wasnt there as I was in the middle of shouting match with some toolbox whos Mom didnt teach him how to talk to women.

you should carry some pepper spary with you, a year ago, I beat up some stupid construction worker at the exxon on 1604 and Millitary Hwy, he was hitting on a cute chick, and she turned him down, and started acting stupid. So I told him to leave her alone, that he already made himself look like a jackass theres no lower level after that. and the girl got a laugh. So he decided to follow me outside, as I was walking he was behind me talking crap in spanish, and I then turn back, and tell him to go F himself in spanish, and then he walks up to me thinking he was gonna scare me, well before he said antyihng he was already on those rocks by the fuel price signs, his working crew were laughing at him, so he pulls out his cell and said he was calling the cops, I booked it.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:08 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
When I was in Germany, the story is that if you spray your liscense plate with hairspray, it does not allow the traffic cameras on the Autoban to snap your numbers for a ticket...seems that it makes it too reflective to read....or so the story goes.

Of course, LOTS of reapplications if you are doing this because of all the rain there....

Old 06-11-2009, 05:16 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
Speaking of Military and 90, why did they get rid of that open lane when you exit eastbound 90 onto Military like you're going to WHMC? There was a yield sign there which was retarded because the lane was only available to the exiting vehicles. Did they "fix" that so the yield sign has a purpose now? I'm thinking the crappy time commute into Lackland is going to get MUCH worse. I'll stick to Medina Base Rd. until they figure it all out.
and SAPD with laser is a great comedy act. Last time I saw them using it on the 410 access road between Ingram and Culebra, they were surrounded by at least 20 patrol cars with their radar on. I was at the Best Buy and my radar detector went bonkers when I turned on the car. Sucks to be all those fools that say radar detectors aren't worth anything.. they definitely are here because 99% of the cops are incompetent when it comes to operating their radar guns. They just blast non-stop and tell me they're out there at least a mile before I get to them. thanks

Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Speaking of Military and 90, why did they get rid of that open lane when you exit eastbound 90 onto Military like you're going to WHMC? There was a yield sign there which was retarded because the lane was only available to the exiting vehicles. Did they "fix" that so the yield sign has a purpose now? I'm thinking the crappy time commute into Lackland is going to get MUCH worse. I'll stick to Medina Base Rd. until they figure it all out.
and SAPD with laser is a great comedy act. Last time I saw them using it on the 410 access road between Ingram and Culebra, they were surrounded by at least 20 patrol cars with their radar on. I was at the Best Buy and my radar detector went bonkers when I turned on the car. Sucks to be all those fools that say radar detectors aren't worth anything.. they definitely are here because 99% of the cops are incompetent when it comes to operating their radar guns. They just blast non-stop and tell me they're out there at least a mile before I get to them. thanks
Radar detectors dont give you a good reaction time with Laser RD, unless you're doing about 4-5pmh over the limit. Radar Bounces off cars and your radar detector picks it up. But laser get pointed at you, and your detector goes off, but by the time that happens the cop already has your speed.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:58 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
if the cop knows how to use it.. read my post and take note of the 20 or so cars the cop with the tripod was surrounded by. they all had their radar on and my detector was literally going bonkers from about a mile away in the Best Buy parking lot. I've never heard it going that crazy and I actually turned it off for a minute because I thought it was about to die or something.
a cop that knows what they are doing can be deadly with laser. I've seen a show about it on one of those science channels and nothing could protect the driver. But that takes effort and you know the majority of SAPD are not about placing any effort into anything. Just read all the posts around here with frustrated citizens being ignored by them.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 PM

111 posts, read 284,828 times
I know my opinion is not going to be a popular one -- but my feeling is that any person that is caught by a speed trap is getting what they deserve. The only people that get caught are criminals who are breaking the law.

Yeah, I know full well there are plenty of Moderator cut: 3 words, substitute "members" on this message board who think that it's their right - but perhaps you might think differently after you've had a loved one killed by a speeder. 'nuff said.

Last edited by Bo; 06-12-2009 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Name-calling is not allowed, per the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio