Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:32 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,597 times

Advertisements

My remote control has been missing for 4 days... I've given up. Have to buy a new one.. in the mean time, I'll get a little more exercise than I've been getting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 05:33 PM

18,129 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
According to Popular Science way back in the day, weren't we supppose to have flying cars before we had digital TV? I don't think they even mentioned digital TV, but they always had flying cars on the cover.

I feel cheated.
I'm still waiting for the telephones with a screen on them to see who you are talking to.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm still waiting for the telephones with a screen on them to see who you are talking to.
Get a webcam. You might even make some extra cash.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 PM

I'll keep on waiting for my "Picturephone"

http://retrothing.typepad.com/photos...cturephone.jpg

Old 06-12-2009, 06:27 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
What is this thing "Tele Vision?" you people are referring to? some alien plot to take over the world? I've never heard of it, can someone please fill me in? What is a converter box, do I need one, who says I have rabbit ears, I'm normal, just like everybody else, no bigger ya'll are just pulling my leg right????

Old 06-12-2009, 06:39 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Hey! What's wrong with my TV? It was working fine last night. Today I come home from work and all I got is snow!?! My neighbor Thibodaux say his box no worky neither. Anybody else's TV on the fritz???
Today June 12, 2009 is the DIGITAL TRANSITION DAY remember it's been all over the T.V. commercials for months and months now LOL...

If you don't have CABLE OR SATELLITE you won't get any channels anymore until you do get one or the other.

Do You even watch T.V.? silly.........

Old 06-12-2009, 07:08 PM

276 posts, read 970,008 times
We got our one "antenna" TV hooked up to a converter. Getting all the stations fine except for ABC and PBS. I have a VHF/UHF antenna with the proper adapter. Not sure what to do. If I stand on my head and wave with my right foot while holding the antenna in my left hand, I kind of get channel 12 and I get real dizzy.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:48 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Get a webcam. You might even make some extra cash.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'll keep on waiting for my "Picturephone"

http://retrothing.typepad.com/photos...cturephone.jpg
I think verizon already has one for home use, there is the more expensive "cisco" brand I guess its Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
We got our one "antenna" TV hooked up to a converter. Getting all the stations fine except for ABC and PBS. I have a VHF/UHF antenna with the proper adapter. Not sure what to do. If I stand on my head and wave with my right foot while holding the antenna in my left hand, I kind of get channel 12 and I get real dizzy.

Good thing I have satelite, well It shouldnt be that much of a hassle, I mean the method is easy as pie, its not rocket science. Just Insert Rod A into Slot B

Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
LOL

I think verizon already has one for home use, there is the more expensive "cisco" brand I guess its Japanese.

Good thing I have satelite, well It shouldnt be that much of a hassle, I mean the method is easy as pie, its not rocket science. Just Insert Rod A into Slot B
What's all this about baking oil? I thought you were talking bout this new fangled Tele Vision thang. Hell, ya'll just confused me to damn. Cooking oils, some new fangled Tele Vision, And this last ole boy here even mentioning baseball players, now I don't know what that A-Rod got to do with any ole Crisco baking oil or Tele Vision at all. Can you people just stay on point and help me understand?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
FYI, for satellite TV you don't have to do anything
so stop "Inserting Rod A into Slot B" with the excuse that you are trying to make the TV work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio