Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,197 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: orphaned

Thanks to those who showed support for me here. I am accepting my situation as a temporary one and I am trying the best I can here. And I hope the OP can make a good decision for herself.

Last edited by Bo; 06-16-2009 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post it refers to was deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 08:09 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,800 times
I'm in my 20's, I know many singles in their 20's, SA is a good (not great) town for singles so that won't be a problem for you if you move here.

P.S.

To anyone raging on SA's single scene, why would you say it's bad or doesn't exist (what a load of BS) and then tell a single not to move here? A single person moving here only improves the scene. Also, why do I get a feeling the people suggesting other locals aren't single nor in the 20's but instead middle age?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulita828 View Post
1.) Is SA a good place for young single people?
Yes.

Quote:
2.) Which neighborhoods are the "better" ones in SA? (I have looked on other posts for the answer to this question but since I'm not from here saying north or east side is it's not helpful at all. Specific names of neighborhoods please)
There are a lot of "better ones" but if you could be more specific

in terms of what you want out of a neighborhood (close to shopping? close to bars? etc) it would help with identifying a more specific neighborhood.

Quote:
3.) What job professions are most common here?
Here? Are you already in SA?

But to answer that, SA has a very diversified economy. Healthcare, Finance, Government, Tourism, IT, etc.

Though, if you'll have a job lined up, why ask that question?

Quote:
4.) Does anyone have reccomendations for a nice reasonably priced apartment complex ($400-600)
Depends where you want to live.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
I'm in my 20's, I know many singles in their 20's, SA is a good (not great) town for singles so that won't be a problem for you if you move here.

P.S.

To anyone raging on SA's single scene, why would you say it's bad or doesn't exist (what a load of BS) and then tell a single not to move here? A single person moving here only improves the scene. Also, why do I get a feeling the people suggesting other locals aren't single nor in the 20's but instead middle age?
Have to agree with lemonfresh here. Although I'm no longer in my 20's, I hang out with a bunch of folks in that age bracket--and I'm definitely not married. There are a ton of single people here. It just depends on what you're looking for. The city definitely has its demographic particularities, but if you're willing to work with those, you'll be fine.

If you go out a lot, people are very easy to meet. My recommendation is to choose a neighborhood wisely and make an effort. People here are definitely more open than the two cities in which I previously lived (Minneapolis and Chicago).

And, Austin is just an hour away. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio