Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,786,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
What happens when a street reaches 12K cars per day? Or -- what should happen, I should say?
scuba avoids the region like the plague! if something's happening somewhere farther west than UTSA it'd better be really good or i'm not going!

It really does seem like they developed the far west region before doing anything with the roads, but with the limited county government in the state of Texas I really don't see any way to prevent it. I don't think the county even requires building permits! So develop all you want, the city will have to catch up the roads later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
if something's happening somewhere farther west than UTSA it'd better be really good or i'm not going!
It is really good...but it's a secret and we're not telling. So, stay where you are please.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,176,737 times
Good news-- the Texas Transportation Commission approved a pass-through agreement with Bexar County last week that will fund the expansion of Potranco from 1604 to 211 and will build the missing section of 211 (Potranco to Culebra.) More to follow when I get some more details...

Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,831,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
Good news-- the Texas Transportation Commission approved a pass-through agreement with Bexar County last week that will fund the expansion of Potranco from 1604 to 211 and will build the missing section of 211 (Potranco to Culebra.) More to follow when I get some more details...
Thanks TX, can't rep ya for now, but thanks.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,511 times
I think if a driver is turning left I read somewhere that it was leagal to proceed through the shoulder, but I have seen people veer as if it was F1 racing! I just avoid that whole area and go through Military.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
A dangerous driving practice is happening on west bound Potranco road at the entrance of Amherst neighborhood. While people are waiting to turn left in to Amherst off of Potranco, other drivers are hauling a** passing on the right on the shoulder. Illegal? Yes. But it's also a disaster waiting to happen. Because the people passing on the shoulder cannot see drivers coming out of Amherst who are turning left onto Potranco.

Be careful out there. Saving about half a minute isn't worth risking your life. Or someone else's.

I agree somewhat, but you have to understand there some people who have the timing of a newborn baby. They either wait till the road is completely empty, or wait till they see another car withing 50 feet away to turn like donkeys causing the other car to slam his brakes

Every time i drive east on Potranco I see a mule waiting to turn left and theres about a 400yard gap between my front bumper and that street,( about 10 cars whose drivers have common sense would turn) and some how they wait untill I get to the street to finally turn. Every time I pass through there and see that I always assume the worse and start looking for a way out, just in case that happens

Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,162 times
I feel for you all. If that were my subdivision I would contact chico@bexar.org or BCSD (Traffic Division) at kcoleman@co.bexar.tx.us . I contacted Lt Coleman one evening and withinn minutes he responded to be his from BexarBerry.

I would give both of them the times that you see this wreckless driving and as many other details as possible. Although we live in Westcreek we use Potranco very often. I would like to see another light also but I don't know if two (Walmart) would be put so close to each other. If that can't be done then I would stress another exit /entrance.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:00 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,091 times
I just really would like to know if it is legal to pass on the shoulder like that? If not, I am going to report some school buses.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
I just really would like to know if it is legal to pass on the shoulder like that? If not, I am going to report some school buses.
According to the 2008 Texas Driver's Handbook......

"You may pass on a paved shoulder when the vehicle you are passing is slowed or stopped on the main traveled portion of the highway, disabled, or preparing to make a left hand turn".

Are the bus tires leaving the pavement?

Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
According to the 2008 Texas Driver's Handbook......

"You may pass on a paved shoulder when the vehicle you are passing is slowed or stopped on the main traveled portion of the highway, disabled, or preparing to make a left hand turn".

Are the bus tires leaving the pavement?

That settles it... legal! thanks wellguy, cant rep ya, and honestly you beat M2 to it now thats an accomplishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio