Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
634 posts, read 2,925,714 times
Reputation: 243

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me of new developements in Schertz?


Are there any shopping centers breaking ground? New Restaurants? Other Stores?

I am very curious as I will be moving there this summer.

Also, What is in Cibolo, Selma, and Converse? Anything to do in those towns?


Appreciate any posts...

Thanks

-Hyun-Soo
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2007, 05:42 PM
 
Location: with the vatos in SA
283 posts, read 1,838,001 times
Reputation: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun-Soo View Post
Can anyone tell me of new developements in Schertz?


Are there any shopping centers breaking ground? New Restaurants? Other Stores?

I am very curious as I will be moving there this summer.

Also, What is in Cibolo, Selma, and Converse? Anything to do in those towns?


Appreciate any posts...

Thanks

-Hyun-Soo
Sir,

Schertz along with neighboring cities Cibolo and Selma is booming with retail develoment as well as residential.

In fact, in Selma, next to the new hotel and Hooters Restaurant, they are building a Costco.

In Schertz there are plenty of restaurants and shopping options with the Wal-Mart Super Center located right off the highway.

The eating options are numerous.

Bill Miller BBQ, Wendy's, McDonalds, Subway, Quiznos, Chilis, Garcia's, Pazzo Italiano, KFC, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasers, Dominos Pizza, Taco Bell and many more.

Just down the highway in Selma is a gigantic shopping center named The Forum which has everything you could possibly need. Across from the Forum is another shopping center that has home furnishings as well as a few other restaurants.

Just seconds away from that they are developing a huge upscale shopping center called The Fountains at Live Oak.

Sir, you can not go wrong with the Schertz/Cibolo area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2007, 03:41 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
634 posts, read 2,925,714 times
Reputation: 243
Great post!

Very informative. I was getting a little worried because I thought that Schertz was a little bit away from everything..But I guess I thought wrong. I knew it was growing residentially, but I didn't know it was growing commercially!

I was narrowed down to Schertz as it seemed to be growing unstoppably.

Thanks for the info!

-Hyun-Soo
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
634 posts, read 2,925,714 times
Reputation: 243
Another question:

How long does it take to drive from Schertz to Downtown San Antonio?


Is the traffic bad around Schertz/Cibolo/Universal City?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 AM
 
Location: with the vatos in SA
283 posts, read 1,838,001 times
Reputation: 140
Sir,

Traffic is growing and but the cities have done a fantastic job of implementing traffic lights and road expansions thus far and have kept traffic flowing smoothly.

From Schertz at rush hour on a weekday afternoon to get to downtown you would get on I-35S and head strait towrds downtown. You will see congestion on the I-35S/Loop 1604 Interchange and then again at the I-35S/Loop 410 Interchange and then again possibly at the I-35S/Loop 410S interchange but all in all it is not bad, especially compared to other large cities!

The travel time from Schertz to downtown SA in rush hour would be 30-40 minutes.

Without heavy traffic, it would be a strait shot at about 20 minutes.

I think you will find that traffic in San Antonio is a lot lighter than in most other places.

Sir, if you have any more questions regarding the Schertz/Cibolo area or San Antonio in general, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information has been able to give you some sort of ease and comfort as I know there is a lot of pressure and anxiety associated with re-locating.

-n0vemberHAWK
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
 
1 posts, read 3,863 times
Reputation: 10
Default Expensive?????

My family and I were looking to relocate to the San Antonio area.... I was wondering how expensive Schertz house is. I am looking for around Schertz area because of work....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
634 posts, read 2,925,714 times
Reputation: 243
Novemberhawk, Thanks for the information, much appreciated, and you are very polite by the way.

Getting more and more rare these days.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
210
 
Location: san antonio - 210
1,722 posts, read 2,252,015 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmedlen View Post
My family and I were looking to relocate to the San Antonio area.... I was wondering how expensive Schertz house is. I am looking for around Schertz area because of work....
The median cost of a home in Schertz is $139,900. Very affordiable housing in Schertz.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2007, 11:28 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
34 posts, read 131,607 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
The median cost of a home in Schertz is $139,900. Very affordiable housing in Schertz.
In my opinion, this is a great area!

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 07-15-2007 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: No soliciting allowed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2007, 08:35 AM
 
2 posts, read 5,661 times
Reputation: 10
Default That's good for the fast food but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
Sir,

In Schertz there are plenty of restaurants and shopping options with the Wal-Mart Super Center located right off the highway.

The eating options are numerous.

Bill Miller BBQ, Wendy's, McDonalds, Subway, Quiznos, Chilis, Garcia's, Pazzo Italiano, KFC, Pizza Hut, Little Ceasers, Dominos Pizza, Taco Bell and many more.

Just down the highway in Selma is a gigantic shopping center named The Forum which has everything you could possibly need. Across from the Forum is another shopping center that has home furnishings as well as a few other restaurants.

Just seconds away from that they are developing a huge upscale shopping center called The Fountains at Live Oak.

Sir, you can not go wrong with the Schertz/Cibolo area.
are there any good restaurants that are not chains/fast food? Looking for an area with good local restaurants. You know, Mom and Pop type of stuff...
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top