Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 AM

129 posts, read 513,015 times

Advertisements

Anyone know much about this place on Thousand Oaks? Used to be Thousand Oaks Racquetball? How much is membership and what does it entail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 AM

11 posts, read 45,260 times
We just joined Triton. It is $89 for the whole family. No joining fees. No extra if you want to take a class or anything. One price for everything. It is nice and they are adding a huge parking lot opening next month. They are still building the gym. They have lots of cardio. All brand new equipment and lots of classes.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:23 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
You know you can call them, right?

Old 06-21-2009, 01:33 PM

80 posts, read 288,728 times
We've been members for a few months. We also pay $89 for a family of 4 and that includes 2 hours of childcare every day. They occassionally have 'parties on the patio' and other such events during the year.

The one thing I've been disappointed in is the speed at which they are getting things done. We joined at the very end of February and were told all sorts of amazing things that would be opening at the end of March. No such luck. Although I can see things getting done slowly, they are nowhere near where they said they'd be in construction. I might actually have waited a bit longer to join had I have known.

A friend of mine has belonged for over a year and has said they made lots of empty promises to her as well. They told her within a month they'd be going to 24 hours open. She works a night job, so they joined because of this. No such luck!

We do like the pool and the childcare providers are friendly enough. They know my kids by name even though we've had infrequent attendance as of late. The equipment is all very new and works great.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,829 times
They are going to end up closing soon the owners stole millions of dollars and the construction company no longer works for Triton. Beware this gym is unsafe.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 AM

29 posts, read 50,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsportsdad View Post
They are going to end up closing soon the owners stole millions of dollars and the construction company no longer works for Triton. Beware this gym is unsafe.
There is some truth to the fact that the original Owner mismanaged the funds, although the property is currently for sale and I have heard there are a number of investors that are interested in buying and finishing the facility.

My family and I go to this gym and love it, we pay less than $100 a month for a full service facility with a pool and outdoor courts. I would say you are not going to find a better priced facility for what you get.

The thing to keep in mind is, even if it does close... all you have to do is find another gym. Since there are no "initiation fees", you wont have to worry about losing any money in the deal.

You should go by and ask for Sam, he's the Gym Manager and will give you tour without pressuring you to join...

Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,749 times
Angry And now they are closed!

The doors closed last week to the majority of the club. The city shut Triton down for code violations or something like that. Doubt we will ever see any of the "false" promises" made when we joined actually come to life. I think it is time for my family to move on to a gym that keeps it promises. By the way, did a little checking around and Triton family rates are the same as the other clubs in town...no great deal here!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 11:22 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,433,488 times
Thanks for the update, was going to check it out.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 PM
stc

43 posts, read 89,697 times
Just to clarify, the 'owners' didn't steal millions. The owner of the Triton Financial group embezzled and is now in jail - but the people you see on a day to day basis at the gym didn't steal. They were duped, as well. The dome (upper gym) has been shut down for a week because of inspections that needed to be done - not code violations. The inspections have been done, and is now waiting on city approval.

It's frustrating, as I'm a member - but the 'the club is unsafe' comment is absurd. It's not like there are exposed wires. I'll agree there have been a lot of empty promises - or ambitious promises, rather - from management to members, though.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:47 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCooper22 View Post
The doors closed last week to the majority of the club. The city shut Triton down for code violations or something like that. Doubt we will ever see any of the "false" promises" made when we joined actually come to life. I think it is time for my family to move on to a gym that keeps it promises. By the way, did a little checking around and Triton family rates are the same as the other clubs in town...no great deal here!!!
Man,
I almost joined them about a year ago, but I ended up moving to the NE side of the city and that's why I didn't join.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio