Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 08:32 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,352 times

Advertisements

Anybody planning on purchasing tickets?

Anyone have friends or family who have seen the show in other cities/venues?

I love those BBC, Animal Planet, Discovery shows about dinos, especially the "true to life" scenarios focused on one dino and his day to day activities. LOVE those.

BUT, I have NO idea what this show would be like.

I picture children yelling though...

AT&T Center :: Walking With Dinosaurs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
I didn't even know about this! Sounds pretty awesome!

...my child would undoubtedly be yelling.. "COOL!!!"

Old 06-25-2009, 08:38 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Anybody planning on purchasing tickets?

Anyone have friends or family who have seen the show in other cities/venues?

I love those BBC, Animal Planet, Discovery shows about dinos, especially the "true to life" scenarios focused on one dino and his day to day activities. LOVE those.

BUT, I have NO idea what this show would be like.

I picture children yelling though...

AT&T Center :: Walking With Dinosaurs
Some people at work accuse me of coming from the dinosaur age.

I like to watch those shows...up to a point...but too many of them make it less interesting.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I didn't even know about this! Sounds pretty awesome!

...my child would undoubtedly be yelling.. "COOL!!!"

Yes, it sounds really, really "COOL"

I just wonder if, like the TV shows, there will be a narrator or something

I may think of getting tickets for the late show on Sat. night.

Last edited by cr1039; 06-25-2009 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: edit - tv

Old 06-25-2009, 08:42 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,529 times
I know people who saw this show last year in CO and they raved about it. Thanks for the heads up!!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,306 times
i think i am going to get some tickets as well --- not sure if i will take our 7yr old daughter, she is really spooked by animatronics...

a friend of mine from another forum went in their city and she could not stop raving about it...she said it was amazing and her son LOVED it...

although i will say if you are not into kids yelling (i am only gathering that from the smiley you used) then you may want to re-think about going --- as a mom with 3 kids and from what my friend said there was alot of yelling from kids being excited, scared, nervous...every time a new dino came out more squeals of delight...if you let it, it could possibly ruin your experience...

Old 06-25-2009, 10:21 PM

37 posts, read 126,672 times
My mother in law and sister in law took her 4 boys and they absolutely LOVED it so I'm definitely taking my 11 year old & 4 year old son. My 22 month old son, probably not, but if we do, I'll bring ear protection for him. I'm so excited to see it, can't wait until November!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
i think i am going to get some tickets as well --- not sure if i will take our 7yr old daughter, she is really spooked by animatronics...

a friend of mine from another forum went in their city and she could not stop raving about it...she said it was amazing and her son LOVED it...

although i will say if you are not into kids yelling (i am only gathering that from the smiley you used) then you may want to re-think about going --- as a mom with 3 kids and from what my friend said there was alot of yelling from kids being excited, scared, nervous...every time a new dino came out more squeals of delight...if you let it, it could possibly ruin your experience...

Meh, the yelling is fine if that is what the atmosphere is like...I just don't want to miss hearing a narrator or something ya know?

Old 06-26-2009, 05:43 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
i saw it year before last here in houston, took my then 4 yr old and he never took his eyes off it. very cool show. the animatronics and things are great. the only part i remember any kids yelling/screaming where exactly when it wsa intended to happen.

well worth the tickets and the time!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 PM

190 posts, read 524,141 times
We were given tickets last spring by a friend, and WE.LOVED.IT! I have girls, and they're not THAT into dinosaurs (OK, they're not into them at all), but this show was just phenomenal. We all walked out raving that it was the best show to see. It really made the dinosaurs come alive!

If I were you... go see it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio