Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:13 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,390,208 times

Advertisements

With WHMC scheduled to close their emergency room, this should help with some of the folks that would otherwise be left trying to get across town in case of an emergency....

Westover Hills to open first hospital (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Westover_Hills_to_open_first_hospital.html - broken link)

When they get all 3 ER's and facilities open it will really help those living in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 10:25 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,786,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
With WHMC scheduled to close their emergency room, this should help with some of the folks that would otherwise be left trying to get across town in case of an emergency....

Westover Hills to open first hospital (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Westover_Hills_to_open_first_hospital.html - broken link)

When they get all 3 ER's and facilities open it will really help those living in this area.
We are hoping not to ever visit it.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
We are hoping not to ever visit it.
True dat...but if you NEED one it sure is good to have it this close....moments count in emergencies....BAMC and University are so far away once WHMC closes their ER...and even now, if the need it urgent, WHMC can be too far away to help someone.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:20 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,687,084 times
So, military would be OK to go to that hospital? What if you have to be admitted? Do they transfer you to BAMC then?

Old 07-04-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
So, military would be OK to go to that hospital? What if you have to be admitted? Do they transfer you to BAMC then?
In an EMERGENCY you should go to the closest emergency room...so yes, you would be eligible. That is why there are so many civilians treated at WHMC...they required immediate care.

If you are having a heart attack, or in shock, or bleeding heavily, you should always go to the closest regardless. While we all know that there are those that abuse ER's, we are talking those issues where moments count.

If you had to be admitted to a hospital, it would depend on what was needed if you were transferred.

Our neighbor had a heart attack playing golf 2 months ago...was sent to WHMC, after the cardiac cath, was forwarded to BAMC for bypass. I know lots of folks that have had bypass at WHMC, so they were at capacity (probably the ICU) or there was SOME other reason he was forwarded to BAMC.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:42 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,164,656 times
It's really neat seeing the growth of Westover Hills these past 10 years or so. I remember when Sea World and McDonald's were the *only* things out there.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM

I remember when the Pope came and it was the middle of nowhere and could handle the crowds.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:17 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,910,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I remember when the Pope came and it was the middle of nowhere and could handle the crowds.
We were just talking about that the other day. When it was going on I couldn't for the life of me figure out where in the heck it was. Who woulda thunk I would wind up living out here!!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:23 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,657,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
It's really neat seeing the growth of Westover Hills these past 10 years or so. I remember when Sea World and McDonald's were the *only* things out there.
The "growth"...you mean more Targets, Best Buys, Starbucks, McDonalds, Chik fil A, HEBs, Taco Cabanas, Whataburgers, Olive Gardens, etc etc etc etc etc etc. Yea, that's neat.

I'm pulling your leg. It's just that I wonder how you find this neat.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
The "growth"...you mean more Targets, Best Buys, Starbucks, McDonalds, Chik fil A, HEBs, Taco Cabanas, Whataburgers, Olive Gardens, etc etc etc etc etc etc. Yea, that's neat.

I'm pulling your leg. It's just that I wonder how you find this neat.
Oh, I remember when we first moved out "here" in 1994 the closest place to by groceries was the HEB at the corner of Grissom/Culebra/Tezel Rd. What a PAIN!!! NO ONE would deliver pizza out here we were so far removed from everything.

Yea, it is congested, but there is also something to be said for convienence, and it does come at a price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio