Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 01:05 PM

112 posts, read 366,130 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the toobing condiitons for this weekend? I was hoping to go with some friends on the guadalupe, frio or comal. I jsut don't want to be be carrying my tube for long stretches looking for water. Can anyone recommend a good tubing company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,096,026 times
There are a number of recent threads here on that, and I believe one has a link to a river conditions site. Try a SA Forum search with the spelling "tubing"

Wish I was going

Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,821,132 times
"News 4 WOAI has learned the city of Victoria is suffering from an extreme drought. We were told the water being released down the Guadalupe River will give them a much-needed boost. But it's also helping the tubing business this Fourth of July weekend."

Canyon Lake's loss is tubers' gain | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

I would check out the other river threads here as well.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,590,580 times
The river below Cayon Lake should be flowing pretty good due to the water release from the dam. I don't expect that release to last long though. There is not much water in the lake as it is. I have a feeling that it was not entirley due to drought conditions in Victoria that prompted them to release water below the dam on the 4th of July weekend. I would expect that release to end promptly after the holiday.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 PM

49 posts, read 139,341 times
The best website for updated info is: New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce - City of New Braunfels, Texas
**just look at the right of the page, it gives the cfs for comal and guadalupe**

But here is some more information regarding the release for this weekend only!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 1, 2009
Contact: Mandy Stewart, Canyon Lake Area Chamber of Commerce at 830-964-2223
Guadalupe River on the Rise For a Fun Fourth of July Weekend
Canyon Lake & New Braunfels Tourism Officials Look Forward to a Safe and Celebratory Fourth of July Weekend With Good Recreational Flows on the Guadalupe River
Due to current drought conditions and increased demands for water downstream the release from Canyon Lake will be increased to 125 cfs on June 30 and continue through the fourth of July weekend. This increase in flows will benefit visitors to the Guadalupe River and provide the opportunity for leisurely floats on the busy Fourth of July weekend.
Conditions will be prime for camping along the lake and the river, where accommodations remain available. Despite low water conditions, many Canyon Lake boat ramps and parks remain open for boaters and picnickers. Other attractions in the area include the Whitewater River Amphitheater, the Canyon Lake Gorge, Guadalupe River Park & Trail, the Landa Park Spring Fed Pool, Gruene Historic District, Historic Downtown New Braunfels, Natural Bridge Caverns, Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, area museums, live theatre, area fireworks displays, shopping and dining in Canyon Lake & New Braunfels.
Always call ahead to an outfitter or to the Canyon Lake or New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce for current river and lake water recreation opportunities based on water levels. Outfitters and the Chambers can provide visitors interested in water recreation with the latest information on Guadalupe conditions, as well as other recreational options. Calling ahead will enable visitors to better plan their trip to Canyon Lake or the Guadalupe River. Those numbers are:
· Canyon Lake Area Chamber of Commerce - 800-528-2104
· New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce - 800-572-2626
Remember that safe water practices are a must for a safe vacation. Remembering to stay properly hydrated, always applying sunscreen, wearing protective footwear and life jackets and knowing the rules, especially for the rapids and exits, are important to make your vacation a safe and pleasant experience.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:43 AM

204 posts, read 940,973 times
I floated the Guadalupe yesterday and it sucked. I was carrying my tube more than I was laying in it. A long time ago I told myself I would never float the Guad again, but my friends talked me into it. The Comal is a MUCH better float, and that's where I plan on being today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio