Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:47 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasboy1022 View Post
Nice, thanks for the feedback. What part of SA do you live in? I live out in Helotes, and there are alot of homes in my neighborhood with DirecTV or Dish. So I assume they must have very good coverage.

That is a ton of storage! I have 2 HD DVRs, and they don't hold anything. What a huge and expensive joke those things are. They run me nearly $40 a month too. I have been suckered for too long.
I am over by SeaWorld but coverage isnt a problem with Directv. All you need is a clear line of sight to the southern sky. The dish sits at roughly a 55ish degree angle, so if there are trees near by you'll want to make sure you can get up and over them. Other than that, as long as you live in the 48 contiguous states you get coverage.

Oh and I double checked the recording capacity to make sure I wasnt making a liar out of myself.

My box (HR20-700) holds 200hrs of SD recording or 50 hrs of HD recording(I have an external drive connected so I get roughly 200hrs of HD recording). The new boxes they are installing nowadays (HR23 -700 or HR24-500) hold 400hrs of SD or 100hrs of HD.

Last edited by SabresFanInSA; 05-21-2010 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 PM

56 posts, read 115,771 times
Man that is a ton of space. I will report back after I switch.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:12 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,133,835 times
I had Grande cable which is WAY better than Time Warner, but I also switched to DirecTv. I will never go back. Also, don't let the Dish Network commercials fool you, DirecTv is way better. Dish Network is better than cable, but DirecTv is better than Dish.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:43 PM

134 posts, read 384,828 times
Default New Time Warner Navigator sucks

Is anyone else having this problem? I have the DVR box and since the navigator system changed, when I am watching live TV and I rewind I can't get it to play again, it will just keep rewinding, or I can fast forward, but the only to play is to go back to live TV.

Last edited by egeorge; 05-21-2010 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Moved from its own thread. A consumer complaint can't be the topic of a thread.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:36 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
Not me.. as I have AT&T and will never go back to TWC...

Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
I called the first night we had the new guide, and got "Susie", who was very nice but difficult to talk to and understand. I absolutely detest the new guide, and I told her I wanted the old guide back. What gave me this idea of a choice was the automated voice at the beginning of the call that stated that Time Warner was in the process of offering their customers the new cable guide and the process would be completed by June 9th (?). So I hoped that I had the choice to keep the old guide. "Susie" told me that it was not an option and the new guide was for everyone. My hopes are up after reading Bowie's message that maybe, just maybe, I can get the old guide back. However, I am a realist, and I just know the chances of this are slim to none.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM

134 posts, read 384,828 times
Well my rewind glitch went away, I hope they are working out the bugs and things improve. I don't want a dish and uverse isn't available here. The only good thing I've noticed so far is the movies on demand channels don't take forever to load when you turn to them, it's just as fast (or slow) as regular channels.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 PM

107 posts, read 277,670 times
i dumped all but my internet about two months ago and i love it. i no longer feel guilty about not watching all 300 useless channels or angry when nothing is on them. i had netflix already so i bought a bluray with wireless and almost never watch real tv anymore.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,790 times
We have AT&T. After have TW basic, we decided to upgrade, Internet, etc. But TW made two appointments and never showed. In fact, we called to check on the dude's arriving, we were told he was on his way and never showed. Then, the phone ******* lied to us about the appointment - long, boring, nasty story. Never go near them again.

Oh, I forgot when we had an outage and the repair guy couldn't even hook up a VCR to the a TV - their staff is not up to par.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 AM

162 posts, read 539,522 times
When we moved into our house in Converse, about 3 years ago, we had a heck of a time getting TW to show up for installation. We already had a TW account at our old apartment & had made proper arrangements for the service transfer.
The house wasn't pre-wired during construction, so they had some work to do (which was understood in advance). After waiting about a week, a guy finally showed up. Once I let him in, he said 'Oh, I left my tools in New Braunfels, I'll have to go get them'. Of course, he never returned.
Needless to say, I was PO'd & it took several calls to finally get them to send a supervisor to do the job that night. He was actually great about the whole thing & got everything done, but what a poor overall customer service experience!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio