Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 AM

69 posts, read 202,892 times

Advertisements

not a true "discount" but dont forget Sea World's free admission
Hero Salute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,818,908 times
Henry's A/C gives military discounts (both active/retired, don't remember the amount).

I would be good to know in the postings here if its just active duty or includes retirees as well.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,984,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsawomanthing View Post
I bought son a skateboard from Zuminez (spelled wrong probably) and got a discount with them, Big Lots also has given me one, Jason's Deli does.
Wow, I didn't know Zumiez gave military discounts, my son shops there quite a bit!

The same applies to Jason's Deli, we eat there often () and I've never thought to ask.

As previously stated, that is the great thing about Rudy's...they ask everyone if they are military! I not only love their food () but the fact that they are so proactive in giving their military discount is just another reason why we go back so often!

Cheers! M2

Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 PM

422 posts, read 756,842 times
I'll give you the best deal of all but it's not in San Antonio well Seaworld is and it's free for the military.
Last time I checked a seaworld ticket was like what 40 something? Well for military and dependents it's free once a year. My usual schedule is take my son and wife to Sea world for free, make a pitstop at the Bud house, drink 4 beers free. Have fun all day, eat some ribs-stop at the bud house again in the afternoon drink 4 more beers then go about till it closes, doesn't get any better than that. But, let me tell you about a deal you can't pass up.

Walt Disney Florida is offering 1 military member a free 5 day pass to all the parks. Then 99 dollars for atleast 5 family members or friends. The Shady green resort on the resort is also for the military 35 dollars a night. Offer ends December 23rd, I'm going . The 99 dollars for family members includes 5 tickets one for each park a savings of gazillions of dollars...so yah its a great deal.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:08 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,562 times
on the flip side...the Botanical Gardens stopped discounting their tickets for family members of active duty. Only the service member gets the discount. When I told them how disappointed I was on this change, the lady said something to the fact of "oh well, we have plenty of business and don't need yours." Needless to say, although we enjoy the gardens, we haven't been back since.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:20 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,386,345 times
and SeaWorld got rid of the beer drinking thing. I personally think that along with getting rid of the monthly beer giveaway to employees were two huge mistakes.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM

214 posts, read 501,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
on the flip side...the Botanical Gardens stopped discounting their tickets for family members of active duty. Only the service member gets the discount. When I told them how disappointed I was on this change, the lady said something to the fact of "oh well, we have plenty of business and don't need yours." Needless to say, although we enjoy the gardens, we haven't been back since.
Ah now that was sweet of them! Psh.

You know what they say about enjoying the good times...

Old 07-11-2009, 02:26 PM

165 posts, read 463,837 times
IHOP very recently just dropped their discount from 20% to 10%. Well, my location did (Culebra @ 1604). We went there just about 2 weeks ago and it was still 20%, today it was 10%. Boo! (Not to say I'm not greatful for the 10%, but 20% was great!)

Old 07-11-2009, 08:04 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,873 times
I went to Discount Tire today...they wouldn't give me the 15% discount. Not complaining because every little bit does help...my discount ended up being about 6%.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 PM

129 posts, read 335,151 times
Default Official San Antonio military discounts thread

Please feel free to add on to the list. Hopefully it can help highlight ways to save even a little among SATX's large military community.

In one day, I saved 10% at IHOP, 10% at Dick's Sporting Goods, and 20% at Sports Clips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio