Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,888 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in taking the kiddos to the Blue Bell Creamery in Brenham, TX. Anyone been there?? Web site says tickets sell out early and are only sold on first-come-first-serve basis.

How early do I need to be there? Hate to drive all that way and not be able to take the tour.

Thanks! --
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM

311 posts, read 846,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I'm interested in taking the kiddos to the Blue Bell Creamery in Brenham, TX. Anyone been there?? Web site says tickets sell out early and are only sold on first-come-first-serve basis.

How early do I need to be there? Hate to drive all that way and not be able to take the tour.

Thanks! --
We went in the spring time. There was only a little line back then & we had no problem getting in. We were staying in college station so it was not a bad drive from there. Maybe you should plan on staying a night near Brenham while you are there If I was doing it as a day trip I'd sure get there as close to opening time as possible to make SURE you get in that day.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:05 PM

276 posts, read 970,125 times
It's been a few years. But I think we got there before lunch. Went on a weekday during Spring break. The tour is fun for kids and adults.

Suggest you go to Washington on the Brazos while you're in the area. Very cool!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
We did the tour over spring break after being told over and over by local folks how wonderful it was. It was OK, but considering the length of the drive, IMO and in my family's opinion, it would not have been worth a special trip from SA. Tickets for the day's first tour were sold out about half an hour before the tour started.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,888 times
Thanks for the info...am thinking of stopping there maybe overnight then heading on to Houston for a day or two. Kids and I are going crazy with this heat and the same ol' routine. You can only go to the Witte Museum and swimming pool so...many...times!!

We need a new scene. We need adventure! (And yes, sad as it sounds, adventure by our pathetic definition is the Blue Bell Creamery.) Woo-hoo!! Look out cows, here we come...Mooooooooooooooo

Old 07-09-2009, 02:16 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
A friend of ours went on Monday...funny you should mention it now. They said it is closed on weekends and holidays, and was lots of fun. They are two adults, no kids and really enjoyed!!! Another fun trip they enjoyed was the Dr Pepper Museums.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:00 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
It's been a few years. But I think we got there before lunch. Went on a weekday during Spring break. The tour is fun for kids and adults.

Suggest you go to Washington on the Brazos while you're in the area. Very cool!
We did this too. Go to the creamery and also the Washington on the Brazos you will enjoy it.
I have to agree with Bowie though, I wouldn't make it a special trip from SA just to tour the creamery.

Have fun!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio