Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,012 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to San Antonio soon, and need a decent neighborhood with good puclic transportation service. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinamo View Post
I'm moving to San Antonio soon, and need a decent neighborhood with good puclic transportation service. Any recommendations?
"Good" and "decent" are relative terms. What specifically are you looking for? Our local public bus service has a great website VIA Metropolitan Transit

There's bus service to all parts of San Antonio, for example Potranco @ 1604 has a bus about every hour that connects to other routes and a transit center. I'd consider any neighborhood in that area "decent" by far.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Quote:

Here you go..good luck.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Old 07-10-2009, 08:16 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
And...what part of town will you be working in? Or are you a student? If you're a student, which college/university will you be attending?

I'm not being nosy; I'm just trying to get a better idea of what you're looking for. We don't want you to end up with a two-hour bus commute.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:02 PM

144 posts, read 330,496 times
Quote:
Hi: I have been considering moving to SAT for awhile and have made a number of "exploratory" trips. Since my wife can't drive (and I don't like to) public transportation has been one of our big concerns. The bus system in SA has to be one of the best in the US. When you get here, go to one of the transfer stations and get a map of the overall system. Then, look at where you want to live, work, shop, have a doctor, etc.. You can probably find locations where there are numerous "overlaps" in service. With several bus routes available, you have more options. Finally, get on a bus that has a route of interest and familiarize yourself with the stops, apartments along the way, shopping, etc.. I think you will be pleasantly surprised!!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:05 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,406,863 times
On the North, the Medical Center (plus there are a gazillion jobs in the Med Center area!) is extremely convenient as there is the # 92 and 91 Fredericksburg service buses from downtown all the way out to University hospital.

Same thing with the # 3 and 4 buses going from downtown all the way out to North Star Mall. Number 3 bus goes even farther across 281 north of the airport!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio