Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:11 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,619,240 times

Advertisements

San Antonio is humid, period.
But it looks like some can tolerate it & others have a difficult time with it.

I usually will do things outside in the early morning or late evening.

And I used to belly-ache that it was pretty hot & humid until I spent one year in Guam !

It was so humid, I could see the rain coming down like a wall across from one side to the
other.
I had to brush my shoes daily or mildew would form inside each day.
I needed a light bulb 24/7 inside the closet, otherwise the clothes would smell bad.
There was no bags of potato chips.
They were packed in a sealed canister otherwise the humidity would make them soggy.

Breathing was heavy & I always felt my clothes wet on me.

And now ....I love San Antonio & it’s not for everyone but for me it’s grand !

Last edited by ranchodrive; 01-14-2016 at 12:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 08:22 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Doesn't seem humid in SA to me. I've never had moisture on the outside of my windows, or much dew on the grass in the morning. My patio furniture is not moist in the mornings. Those are the kinds of things That happen with high humidity.
And the air rarely has that thick, heavy feel that was common in other places I've lived. I enjoy the weather in SA!

Old 07-24-2018, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,758 times
those posts were a long time ago. yes it is very humid and hot (it gets in the 100s) in the summer. when you go outside i feel like i can’t breathe. that’s why i’m moving to california. plus the allergies are horrible.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:28 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,498,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew203 View Post
those posts were a long time ago. yes it is very humid and hot (it gets in the 100s) in the summer. when you go outside i feel like i can’t breathe. that’s why i’m moving to california. plus the allergies are horrible.
Yea, you have to be tough to be a Texan.
Best of luck in Kalifornia.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:32 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew203 View Post
Hope you pick the spot because a 10 mile difference can be 30 degree difference.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:21 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
In the words of Jackie Moon, performing his hit single "Love Me Sexy", in the blockbuster film "Semi Pro", swamp sweaty. However, you don't have to shovel sunshine, or humidity.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:09 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Yea, you have to be tough to be a Texan.
Best of luck in Kalifornia.
I moved from Florida to Texas back in 2011 for a consulting job. I loved San Antonio.
It's not as humid as Tallahassee, Miami, Orlando, Panama City, etc. To me, San Antonio was
more like Eastern Arizona - actually kind of dry sometimes. The oak trees and cacti look a lot
like Eastern Arizona and Western New Mexico. But it's relatively more humid than those areas.
However, Florida is far more horrible for humidity. San Antonio was just right for me.
I almost moved back over a year ago and was about to get hired but got an offer faster in
Phoenix, so I moved back to my home state of AZ.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:30 AM

282 posts, read 341,447 times
Thanks to growing up in a military family and then a 42-year DoD civil service career I’ve lived in 17 states and three foreign countries. States range from Florida to Washington and several in between. Worst humidity was clearly Orlando, Florida. Coldest was Fairfax, Virginia just outside Washington, DC. Best overall weather was San Diego, California. Obviously there are other considerations for best place but those aren’t weather driven.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,396 times
If you don't like humidity San Antonio is not the place. This place gets unbearably humid to the point where it's insane, our summers are Winters pretty much everyone stays indoors you'll feel sticky and nasty all day that's if you don't get killed by the mosquitoes

Old 06-09-2019, 10:24 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmendozer View Post
If you don't like humidity San Antonio is not the place. This place gets unbearably humid to the point where it's insane, our summers are Winters pretty much everyone stays indoors you'll feel sticky and nasty all day that's if you don't get killed by the mosquitoes
Aww. You must live in a crappy Southside neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio