Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:08 AM

80 posts, read 164,471 times

Advertisements

I mean, I know it's hot but, what kind of heat is it?
Is it the muggy, humid type of heat?
Or is it the kind of heat that, once you are under a shade (not under the sun) it feels kind of fresh.
Not sure how this kind of heat is called. Dry, template maybe?
I am still planing to move to SA from Chicago, but never been to SA during the summer. Only during winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:15 AM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro9 View Post
I mean, I know it's hot but, what kind of heat is it?
Is it the muggy, humid type of heat?
Or is it the kind of heat that, once you are under a shade (not under the sun) it feels kind of fresh.
Not sure how this kind of heat is called. Dry, template maybe?
I am still planing to move to SA from Chicago, but never been to SA during the summer. Only during winter.
Much less humid than Missouri (I believe Missouri is similar to Chicago in humidity)
Reminds me a little of when I visited Tucson, it was very hot but it didn't feel as if you were breathing hot air.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:20 AM

Yes. It can get very humid in Chicago. If you do not have AC, forget about a good night sleep. Windows and doors open, fan on. No relief without AC.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:25 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
It's a long, hot summer and here's a humidity chart: (it's not "much less humid than St. Louis")

Average Relative Humidity(%)

Yes, it can be quite humid.

80's in April..90's in May..all the way through almost Halloween. Halloween is when we look for cooling. Many 100 degree+ days this year.

Very difficult to live without AC here...very difficult.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:32 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Well, winter is similar to summer here, except for about 3 days.

Summers are hot and you will sweat once you open your front door. You have to drink a lot of water and be smart about your outdoor activity during the hottest part of the day--usually from 11AM until 5PM. It's best to do your walking/jogging/outdoor playing early in the morning or later on in the evening.

Iced tea will fix anything, though. Or a nice black cherry margarita on an outdoor patio with chips and salsa.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

Summers are hot and you will sweat once you open your front door. You have to drink a lot of water and be smart about your outdoor activity during the hottest part of the day--usually from 11AM until 5PM. It's best to do your walking/jogging/outdoor playing early in the morning or later on in the evening.

Iced tea will fix anything, though. Or a nice black cherry margarita on an outdoor patio with chips and salsa.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a plan...!!! I mean, but you still go out and do what you have to do, as far as work, run errands and the like....
I am a truck driver and I would hate to have the AC turned on 24/7.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:56 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro9 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a plan...!!! I mean, but you still go out and do what you have to do, as far as work, run errands and the like....
I am a truck driver and I would hate to have the AC turned on 24/7.
Hehe...seems like some folks do run the AC 24/7 based on $300+ bills! It's usually around 77-78 in the morning..in the 80's by 9AM. More humid in the mornings...decreasing as the day goes on.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 AM

604 posts, read 1,530,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

WAIT! tell me more about this black cherry margarita!!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:18 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
WAIT! tell me more about this black cherry margarita!!!!
LOL, Cameo Theater! That's the first place I heard of them. I saw them on a menu somewhere else, too......but didn't have one. I will have to think now, and it's Sunday, not my thinkin' day.

Jules......help me out, girl! She would know!!

My neighbor makes---cranberry cosmopolitans! *slurp*

Old 07-12-2009, 11:31 AM

317 posts, read 1,750,753 times
IMHO, summer can be really brutal here. You do have to take precautions being outdoors for long. Beautifully big Texas skies, few clouds most days, and small shade trees can equal to some intense sun shine on you, which can feel like being under a heat lamp in a fast food joint quick. It is not unusual to see people carrying umbrellas to shield themselves from the sun. Shade can bring some relief, but its still hot out. It gets humid here, but it doesn't feel as bad as its did in Va. where I am from. You get a breeze most days, which helps, but when its 90-100's, its still hot wind. This summer has been exceptionally hot and dangerous. I would/could not live here without AC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio