Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,052 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am Shelly Reynolds. I own San Antonio Foodie Tours. Thanks for posting the press release! [mod]see comment[/mod] It's a lot of fun and we have added even more restaurants! We have 18 now and counting. We still only go to 6 on each tour but now you can try more than one! [mod]see comment[/mod]

Thanks,
Shelly

Last edited by Bo; 09-13-2009 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: It's OK to provide more info, but encouraging business = advertising and no advertising is allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,077 times
Hi,
Sorry for breaking the rules. I have changed my screen name. I had not read the rules, but it won't happen again.

Thanks,
Shelly

Old 09-13-2009, 05:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,143 times
Has anyone been yet?? Would love to hear a review!

Old 09-13-2009, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,077 times
Lots of people have gone on the tour since June. There are reviews available. Google Foodie Tours.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyr5 View Post
Lots of people have gone on the tour since June. There are reviews available. Google Foodie Tours.
Oops sorry! I meant anyone from CD.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 934 times
Default Fork in the River

Just took this tour which focuses on the Riverwalk food. So, right off the bat, knowing how touristy the Riverwalk is, I imagined the food would be less than exciting - though a strictly Riverwalk food tour was unique for sure and an interesting concept. So, we went ahead and booked a tour.

We simply loved it! A great mix of history, architecture, etc. But, it was as promised, a nice tour of the Riverwalk also.

But of course, the FOOD! We visited 3 really high end places, where at 2, well known chefs presented their food. AWESOME. We were able to sit at all three where it's hard to get a dinner table at! The 2 casual spots were so tasty as well.

We've taken at least a dozen food tours in various places and this was as good, if not, in some respects, better than most. They don't cater to special food requests and the like, so keep that in mind.

We found them at www.foodtourssanantonio.com

Have fun!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,936 times
All those places are probably downtown. I'd be more interested in one for outer S.A.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,586,220 times
Unsurprisingly, they have gone up substantially since the original post. Now at $59 per person. It sounded like it might be a fun tour to take some afternoon until I realized they allow people to take their infants along. They suggest 12 years or older but if you bring your infant your infant gets in free and would probably ruin it for the other people paying to go on the tour. Don't get me wrong I love kids and have young grandkids of my own but I would not be so inconsiderate as to take them on a tour like this. But the tour I sign up for would, most probably, have a infant child screaming to high heaven the whole time. I'm sure the company does this because a lot of the tourists will have a little baby along and no one to watch the baby while they take the tour and they want the money so anything goes. No refunds. No exceptions and you have to pay by CC way in advance.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:25 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,172 times
it the food already prepared for those on tours. or do we have to wait 30+min at each location? it would be nice if it is eat and run. (not literal run) but get there and the food is ready, we eat, and go. sounds like fun.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Unsurprisingly, they have gone up substantially since the original post. Now at $59 per person. It sounded like it might be a fun tour to take some afternoon until I realized they allow people to take their infants along. They suggest 12 years or older but if you bring your infant your infant gets in free and would probably ruin it for the other people paying to go on the tour. Don't get me wrong I love kids and have young grandkids of my own but I would not be so inconsiderate as to take them on a tour like this. But the tour I sign up for would, most probably, have a infant child screaming to high heaven the whole time. I'm sure the company does this because a lot of the tourists will have a little baby along and no one to watch the baby while they take the tour and they want the money so anything goes. No refunds. No exceptions and you have to pay by CC way in advance.

Not sure where snappybob got his info but we were only the 2nd group to take the fork in he river tour and the price never changed from only days after the site was up. Both of the above mentioned by guide and verified by the SACVB staff at the info. center. We saw their card there in print -$59. They said the cards just arrived. That's when we did the above, visited the website. They had posted on the site $59, which then, we had to pay by phone. I noticed now (because we're already gifting a tour as the tour was THAT GOOD) it is still $59 dollars which you can now purchase a la CART rather then phone. That also just suggests that [URL="http://www.foodtourssanantonio.com"]www.foodtourssanantonio.com[/URL] is a new site.

As far as children are concerned, there were none on our tour and re-checking their site, they are not allowed. Whether that changed or not, I don't know, but they certainly aren't now. Either way, to suggest they're greedy to do so or not; either is an assumption I think is rather unfair to make about any company!

We did not have to pay WAY in advance as you mentioned. We reserved around 1:30pm of the previous day.

We've taken at least 10 food tours throughout the country (including 2 here) and a couple more overseas, which brings me to what I really want to say: this tour was FANTASTIC! I totally agree with the previous reviewer (who actually took the tour).

I couldn't believe it was just their 2nd tour. Each location had tasty to incredibly delicious food. We loved the info. sharing by chefs and owners. They brought the food alive and that made it seem all the more delicious as a result.

It was a very professionally done tour and simply blew away the other local food tours we'd taken. And, what I like as a local foodie is, THIS ONE is going to put us, San Antonio, on the map as having a serious food tour. Maybe, I'm biased, but I thought it was better than Seattle Savors and Chicago food planet which all have 4-5 star rankings. Like I said, we're gifting others with this tour and we will certainly be going again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio