Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:37 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Once again, if we were to only use the left lane for passing then traffic would be unmanageable. While I agree it's the law, it is not enforced and people will continue to do it.

I asked this question to a leo one day and he confirmed yes it is a passing lane, but we do not write tickets for driving in the left lane.
Only where posted, such as IH10 northwest of the city and IH 35 northeast of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:38 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Ha! I was going to offer a crisp $100 bill to the first person who admitted driving in the left lane, because those people never seem to post here, but sarahdsmom admitted it straight out of the chute. Impressive!

No money for you, though.

So, yet another SA drivers suck thread. Wo0t! I know I suck at driving, but not the left lane thing, for sure. I'm just a leadfoot, and every once in a while I get caught up looking at my surroundings instead of the road. And I'm a total man when it comes to stopping for directions. Nope, not gonna do it. It's been years since a speeding ticket, though, and I've been in 2 accidents in 28 years of driving. Surprisingly, neither were my fault. Probably not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Ha! I was going to offer a crisp $100 bill to the first person who admitted driving in the left lane, because those people never seem to post here, but sarahdsmom admitted it straight out of the chute. Impressive!

No money for you, though.

So, yet another SA drivers suck thread. Wo0t! I know I suck at driving, but not the left lane thing, for sure. I'm just a leadfoot, and every once in a while I get caught up looking at my surroundings instead of the road. And I'm a total man when it comes to stopping for directions. Nope, not gonna do it. It's been years since a speeding ticket, though, and I've been in 2 accidents in 28 years of driving. Surprisingly, neither were my fault. Probably not the best, but definitely not the worst.
I am sure plenty of people drive in the left lane, they just don't feel like arguing about it.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
I am sure plenty of people drive in the left lane, they just don't feel like arguing about it.
I don't. Never, never, never!! no way.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
You mean, admitting it. They argue about it every day on the road.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,410 times
You are neither right or wrong, but you need to be smart.
If people are passing you on the right, you are driving too slow for the area even if you are within the speed limit. It is more important to be safe than right, especially if you have your precious family in the car. Just move to the right and let the speeders do their thing and forget about it.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times
Quote:
Once again, if we were to only use the left lane for passing then traffic would be unmanageable
A little bit of common sense would help,
if you are driving on the left lane and you see a line of cars piled up behind you....
maybe... it would help to free the left lane.

Driving back to Del Rio I saw something that I had never seen since I lived in Venezuela (no laws in the streets, just common sense)
While driving on a 2 lane highway (1 going, 1 coming) I approached a truck.
before I even got close to the truck... the truck moved into the should to free the lane for me to pass.
I'm sure that's illegal... but it is common sense at its best
I don't ride on his b.... , he doesn't slow me down for miles and I don't have to use the other lane to pass him, avoiding a wreck.

That actually happened 3 different times.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM

299 posts, read 608,001 times
Quote:
Once again, if we were to only use the left lane for passing then traffic would be unmanageable. While I agree it's the law, it is not enforced and people will continue to do it.

I asked this question to a leo one day and he confirmed yes it is a passing lane, but we do not write tickets for driving in the left lane.
Hey, nothing wrong driving in that lane if you're smart enough to go ahead and move over if someone is trying to get by.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
A little bit of common sense would help,
if you are driving on the left lane and you see a line of cars piled up behind you....
maybe... it would help to free the left lane.

Driving back to Del Rio I saw something that I had never seen since I lived in Venezuela (no laws in the streets, just common sense)
While driving on a 2 lane highway (1 going, 1 coming) I approached a truck.
before I even got close to the truck... the truck moved into the should to free the lane for me to pass.
I'm sure that's illegal... but it is common sense at its best
I don't ride on his b.... , he doesn't slow me down for miles and I don't have to use the other lane to pass him, avoiding a wreck.

That actually happened 3 different times.

Welcome to driving in the country. Hopefully, you tooted your horn to acknowledge the act of kindness and a polite wave when safely past him.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Welcome to driving in the country. Hopefully, you tooted your horn to acknowledge the act of kindness and a polite wave when safely past him.
yep, yep. I see this all the time. I do this when I am "Sunday" driving in my Jeep. Just tap the brakes a couple of times to give a "thank you".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio