Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:29 AM

61 posts, read 324,955 times

Advertisements

I love these forums but no one seems to answer posts concerning these areas lately and I am getting nervous. Is there another forum I do not know about where I might get some helpful information about NB and Canyon Lake? We may be moving in as little as a month or 6 weeks and I have one daughter left at home who will be in the third grade. We need areas for a swim team and soccer and I have heard about new developments going up at 306. We want to be in Comal schools, (I think) and would love to hear any input form anybody who knows about this area!!!!! Thanks so much ahead of time and keep up the great discussions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 07:10 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,865 times
Hi Fitguru,
I am sorry I don't know a whole lot about these areas as we are realativly new to San Antonio ourselves. I do know that the Comal County Schools have a good reputation. You can go to http://www.comalisd.org/
to get more info on the schools. Sorry I can't help out much more. Good luck with your move. This area is great and very family friendly! Welcome!

Old 04-23-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for replying to my message!!!! I think the Comal schools will just get better. We are so excited and I think the final home inspection has been accepted by our buyers here in Nashville, now if my DH can just land the perfect JOB Texas (home for me) here we come!Thanks again!

Old 04-23-2007, 03:06 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,865 times
No problem! Here is another site you might want to look at http://www.nbcham.org/

Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitguru View Post
I love these forums but no one seems to answer posts concerning these areas lately and I am getting nervous. Is there another forum I do not know about where I might get some helpful information about NB and Canyon Lake? We may be moving in as little as a month or 6 weeks and I have one daughter left at home who will be in the third grade. We need areas for a swim team and soccer and I have heard about new developments going up at 306. We want to be in Comal schools, (I think) and would love to hear any input form anybody who knows about this area!!!!! Thanks so much ahead of time and keep up the great discussions!
These links should provide lots of info on Canyon Lake:

http://www.canyonlakechamber.com/
http://www.canyonlakemls.com/
http://www.canyonlakechamber.com/Visitor_Information/DEMOGRAPHICS%20Brochure.pdf (broken link)
http://www.texassportfishing.com/Reg...anyon_Lake.htm

Old 04-23-2007, 10:52 PM

679 posts, read 2,834,190 times
fitguru, I was in Canyon Lake in November. Went looking for land, but stayed in Canyon Lake. I bought land in one of those developments off 306, in Spring Branch, which is also off of the lake, itself. Canyon Lake/Spring Branch are lovely, peaceful quaint little cities. In the development I am in, they built a new elementary school right on the site. Within the development are two swimming pools, one being olympic size. There are parks, a nature preserve and a place to store your boat, jet skis and motor home. I have to wait until I retire to build, but the community is absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. I can't get there fast enough. Good luck in your search. Oh...watch out for the deer. They run right out in front of your car, stop and laugh at you and then take off again.

The new developments you are hearing about that are going up off of 306, are for custom homes. You buy the land and build...however, there are some of the custom homes that are being sold, as well. You can get a nice size one for a little over 400K. Check it out. You will fall in love. When I saw it...I KNEW it was home. Can't wait to get back.

Where are you coming from?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:51 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
texasdreamin, i know someone who is active in the canyon lake development. If you want, I can send you a PM to his website and you can contact him there. I'm not sure if that's what youa re looking for, but good luck in your quest!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:26 AM

679 posts, read 2,834,190 times
TexasNick, I think you have the request mixed up with fitguru??? She's the one with the question. Thanks anyway, though.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,469 times
Smile NB/CL Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitguru View Post
Hi Fitguru,

A good place to look at school information is to go to the local websites (www.comalisd.org and www.newbraunfels.txed.net) (broken link). They will give you info on the curriculum and the activities that they support for the students. The Comal ISD supports the children around the lake and they presently have two elementary schools (Mountain Valley - Southside & Rebecca Creek -Northside). And are in the process of building a third elementary on the southside of the lake in Starztville. BTW ---Rebecca Creek has an exemplary rating

As for employment, the unemployment rate is very low, however most of the jobs are in the New Braunfels and San Antonio area. So a short 25 to 45 minute communte will be required. Most of the jobs in the Canyon Lake area are seasonal.

Hope this helps.
ctxsales

Old 05-28-2007, 06:19 AM

Default We are moving Friday, Yeah!!!

Found a great place in New Braunfels and a wonderful elementary school for our daughter! We are so excited, now we just need hubby to land that perfect job and me to find one after Summer is over!!! This forum has been great help and I have sent a lot of people to it. See you all around soon. Can't wait to hit Whole Foods and Central Market again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio