Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times

Advertisements

Might want to sign up for identity protection QUICK if these yahoos have ever done your taxes.....

Police investigate after tax preparation documents found in dumpster | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

In this day and age I hope the fine the hell out of them and then take their license away from them to protect anyone else from such risks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 04:04 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times

People are so dumb.At least shred them!

Be reassured if you did your taxes at PAC this year your taxes are safe with me at my office.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post

People are so dumb.At least shred them!

Be reassured if you did your taxes at PAC this year your taxes are safe with me at my office.
Once again....I am so disappointed in these reporters. They create more confusion than enlightenment. Was a law broken? Obviously, the business practices of this tax firm are hugely questionable, but was this a criminal offense? The reported didn't say. And WOAI KEPT some of the papers??? Why? Why did they NOT give it all to the police? Making a statement like "we're going to make sure the part we kept is destroyed" sounds so Mickey Mouse.

Did the police comment at all??? And come on editors....who is editing for typos, grammar and spelling? Thumbs down on the tax firm and the reporter's story.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
I'm praying for the day that laws are passed that make it impossible for somebody to open a credit card account with stolen information.

Here's an example,
Sometimes I read the news from Venezuela to see what's going on over
every single person over there has a national I.D. with an unique number.
I've noticed that when people send a letter to a newspaper, they give their name, last name, title and their I.D. number
all of that is published in the newspaper.

Here's the "Letters to the editor" section of one of the biggest newspaper.
El Universal - Cartas al editor

If a 3rd World country can protect their citizens from identity theft, why can't we do it?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm praying for the day that laws are passed that make it impossible for somebody to open a credit card account with stolen information.

Here's an example,
Sometimes I read the news from Venezuela to see what's going on over
every single person over there has a national I.D. with an unique number.
I've noticed that when people send a letter to a newspaper, they give their name, last name, title and their I.D. number
all of that is published in the newspaper.

Here's the "Letters to the editor" section of one of the biggest newspaper.
El Universal - Cartas al editor

If a 3rd World country can protect their citizens from identity theft, why can't we do it?
Not sure how the Venezuelans use their "number" or IF their id is even protected. If you recall, we do all have our own number, ie our SSN. Unfortunately that's what is used to steal our ID. I wouldn't be posting mine in the newspaper. It would help to have some info to compare why you feel their system is superior.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:18 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
It would help to have some info to compare why you feel their system is superior.
Do you know anybody in the US that would have the ...... to publish their S.S.# on a newspaper?

Old 07-31-2009, 06:22 PM

427 posts, read 1,174,427 times
Quote:
Do you know anybody in the US that would have the ...... to publish their S.S.# on a newspaper?
Todd Davis the CEO of LifeLock

Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Dopo, the question is, how does their number compare to our SSN? I don't care if you "dot" out your language. It's not necessary to make your point and it doesn't lend to a respectful dialogue. Potty mouth or dotty mouth...same diff.

Their numbers are obviously used differently. If you know more info on their system, please enlighten us and we can have an intelligent discussion about whether they have "it" figured out.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
Todd Davis the CEO of LifeLock
Very good point.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
they should of burned those papers instead of calling the Lazy Narcs. thumbs down to WOAI, You know howe Police officers are, their income is identical to an entry level job. I wouldnt be surprised if they get a loan using some other persons name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio