Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 AM

18 posts, read 82,498 times

Advertisements

How do you remove channels from Timewarner cable list? On Directtv I could go through and select the channels I want displayed each time I open the guide. So if I didn't have HBO, when I'd open the guide it wouldn't even display HBO at all. I have TWC HD package with the scientific atlanta explorer box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
I don't think you can. I'd love the feature as well since half the stations are crap anyway.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,331,320 times
Pretty sure that Time Warner doesn't have that capability. If they do, it would be news to me.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:05 PM

83 posts, read 369,532 times
I don't think they have that option either, but you can designate "favorite" channels and flip through just them with one button...I think I have the 15 or so channels I watch regularly selected...

Old 08-03-2009, 02:22 PM

276 posts, read 970,203 times
My opinion of Time Warner is getting worse by the day. They recently jacked my monthly bill by almost 70%. I called them to negotiate and the best they would give me was a 20% increase in fees and two LESS premium channels. The service has been sporadic lately, with Road Runner and phone outages. Plus there have been pixelation problems on the cable. And they do not have a phone app where you can program your DVR through your cell phone (a MUST HAVE feature for people who travel).

I have been shopping for alternative services and I am this/close to firing them. I cannot wait to salute them with my middle finger fully extended. With love.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,615 times
I had them at my house today due to pixalation issues. They changed the cable that runs from my house to the junction box in a neighbors yard. Second time in about two years that they have changed that cable. First time it was going through a yard that did not have a utility easement and their dog chewed it. This time is was through a yard that does have a utility easement and their dog chewed it. They normally don't bury it worth a crap but they guy that came back today (yes, same day burial) did a pretty good job. We shall see what happens with the pixalation issue. If you have ANY issue, you need to call 244-0500 and make them come out.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
NWW

1 posts, read 23,800 times
Default How to delete a channel from Time Warner favorites

How do you remove channels from TimeWarner cable list?

rt means the right arrow key on remote control; lt means left arrow; dn means down arrow.
Set the remote to talk to the cable box, then,...
YOU SEE ......................... YOU DO
................................. menu
quick menu appears .............. menu
TV guide menu appears ............rt & page down ..until..
Setup appears ....................ok
Guide setup appears ..............rt
Favorites lists selected appea... ok
favorites lists setup / list01 appears .......ok
to add channels... appears .......rt
heart icon was selected ..........ok
select a channel appears .........lt (NOT rt)

"sort by number" has replaced "sort by name" on screen

..................................use remote to key-in number ..................................of channel you don't want

channel number now shows up in channel selector list
w/ heart icon on right
..................................ok
heart icon has disappeard........ dn dn dn dn dn rt
check icon is selected ...........ok
To add channels... appears .......exit

tune in the channel and confirm heart icon is gone

Last edited by Bo; 03-14-2011 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: spaces in original were truncated/replaced proportional font with fixed width for readability

Old 05-16-2010, 10:43 PM

56 posts, read 115,785 times
Why did you leave DirecTV?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:52 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,694,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NierCosan View Post
How do you remove channels from Timewarner cable list? On Directtv
Order Uverse!

Old 03-12-2011, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 21,951 times
This was very helpful! I called Time Warner and they had NO idea of how to do this, I had to make an appointment for a techie to come over...which I will cancel. But one question. Now that I know how to delete channels from Favorites, what can be done about the instability of the Favorites list? From time to time, channels are added and deleted by itself without my doing anything. Especially annoying are same channels with the higher channel numbers added. Do you know anything about this? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWW View Post
How do you remove channels from TimeWarner cable list?

rt means the right arrow key on remote control; lt means left arrow; dn means down arrow.
Set the remote to talk to the cable box, then,...
YOU SEE ......................... YOU DO
....................................... menu
quick menu appears ............ menu
TV guide menu appears ..........rt & page down ..until..
Setup appears ....................ok
Guide setup appears ............rt
Favorites lists selected appears........ ok
favorites lists setup / list01 appears .......ok
to add channels... appears ...............rt
heart icon was selected ...............ok
select a channel appears ..............lt (NOT rt)
"sort by number" has replaced "sort by name" on screen
............use remote to key-in number of channel you don't want
channel number now shows up in channel selector list w/ heart icon on right
..............ok
heart icon has disappeard............... dn dn dn dn dn rt
check icon is selected ...................ok
To add channels... appears ............exit
tune in the channel and confirm heart icon is gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio