Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:39 PM

336 posts, read 484,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
ugh, shouldn't that documentary be in the controversial topics forum??
I think it's fine here as local topic, especially considering San Antonio has one of the few SeaWorld parks in the country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 06:30 PM

293 posts, read 391,920 times
I dont remember but a few years back I remember they used to do the dining with shamu for around 200.00 and I thought the people who got that experience got to touch the whale as well as eat a meal behind the scenes in the shamu tank area. But its no longer on the site.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:18 PM

857 posts, read 2,216,792 times
Terrible Place/such cruelty and over priced.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:28 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Did someone just see Blackfish?

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO — Two former SeaWorld trainers involved in the controversial documentary “Blackfish” say the film is deceiving and includes speculation from inexperienced trainers who were not involved in the incidents they discussed.
Ex-SeaWorld trainers dispute 'Blackfish,' say phase out whale show - San Antonio Express-News

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The family of a SeaWorld trainer who died in 2010 when a killer whale pulled her into the water responded Tuesday to a documentary critical of animal captivity at the marine parks, saying the woman killed would never have worked there for 15 years if she thought the whales were treated badly.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertai...OK-5162747.php

-------

On a semi-related note they are offering Texan teachers free admission.

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO — Sea World San Antonio is offering unlimited free admission through the year to Texas certified K-12 teachers with a Teacher Study Pass.

The theme park has offered the Study Pass, which also allows discounted Fun Cards for friends and family, for the last four years, according to a press release.
SeaWorld offers free admission to Texas teachers - San Antonio Express-News

Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 PM

336 posts, read 484,010 times
I find it interesting how just now these trainers are coming forward to say how they don't like how things were edited together. It's been nearly a year since it debuted at Sundance. Seems to me SeaWorld has spent a considerable amount of time and money to make these issues go away... And it wouldn't shock me if these flip-flopped allegations are due to hefty pay outs.

All very fishy, from a park with a long history of animal abuse, questionable trapping and ridiculously incorrect attempts at educating the general public on sea life.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM

857 posts, read 2,216,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
I find it interesting how just now these trainers are coming forward to say how they don't like how things were edited together. It's been nearly a year since it debuted at Sundance. Seems to me SeaWorld has spent a considerable amount of time and money to make these issues go away... And it wouldn't shock me if these flip-flopped allegations are due to hefty pay outs.

All very fishy, from a park with a long history of animal abuse, questionable trapping and ridiculously incorrect attempts at educating the general public on sea life.

Just trying to do a cover up on Sea Worlds part/too late.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:24 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,619 times
I am glad that doc came out and let's face it they need dramatize it if they want it to be seen just like anything on film.

It is just obvious in regard to killer whales that no matter how much Ses World says they do good it is cruel to watch them in confine space with a over turned fin. I refuse to take my kids there but we have been lucky to view them yearly from where we lived in Alaska. We may not have seen them so close or see them in such clear water but to know they are free and on their route is priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio