Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,510,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
I say traffic is bad. And I say the bad traffic is caused by the people who live out there. And I say it's going to get worse before it gets better. And I say the people who cause the bad traffic are the folks who need to learn to live with it.

WHAT! does property, business developments come to mind first, you blame people who helped the SA Economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:03 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,424,403 times
I moved out here in 2001. Back when a lot of people had never heard of 1604 and didn't know there was anything out here. Back in the good old days when traffic was heavy if you saw 10 cars at the 1604/Culebra light and you maybe passed one car on Potranco between 1604 and that strange access road with no highway known as 151. I definitely regret wishing there were a couple more food options out here.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,510,649 times
good times, but we move forward in order to advance RD

Old 08-07-2009, 03:11 PM

64 posts, read 179,285 times
Quote:
I say traffic is bad. And I say the bad traffic is caused by the people who live out there. And I say it's going to get worse before it gets better. And I say the people who cause the bad traffic are the folks who need to learn to live with it.
I say the checkout lines at the grocery store are long. And i say the long lines are caused by the people who shop there. And I say the lines will get longer before they get shorter. And I say the shoppers who cause the long lines are the folks who need to learn to live with it.

O, Wait, they just opened up 4 more checkout aisles, all smooth now.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:32 PM

116 posts, read 353,431 times
Quote:
Curious as to how it's caused by the people that live out there? Half those drivers are people heading to Sea World, heading to work at Lackland from another part of town, etc. Don't forget people wanting to drive up to La Cantera from the other side as well....but sure it's the people that LIVE THERE causing all that traffic? Just use the back roads and be done with it already.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:33 PM

824 posts, read 1,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
WHAT! does property, business developments come to mind first, you blame people who helped the SA Economy?
You're gonna have to help me here...

Old 08-07-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankai View Post
I say the checkout lines at the grocery store are long. And i say the long lines are caused by the people who shop there. And I say the lines will get longer before they get shorter. And I say the shoppers who cause the long lines are the folks who need to learn to live with it.

O, Wait, they just opened up 4 more checkout aisles, all smooth now.

Nice try, but building highway overpasses is a wee bit more expensive than opening up additional checkout lines in a grocery store. And, of course, the people in the checkout lines are spending money; the people crossing the overpasses are costing money.

As I've said in other threads, I'm all for new highway and road construction, provided that it's paid by tolls. You guys reckon this part of 1604 is far enough away from Terri Hall and her band of piratical toll-fighters?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZ_098 View Post
Curious as to how it's caused by the people that live out there? Half those drivers are people heading to Sea World, heading to work at Lackland from another part of town, etc. Don't forget people wanting to drive up to La Cantera from the other side as well....but sure it's the people that LIVE THERE causing all that traffic? Just use the back roads and be done with it already.
You shouldn't be curious - the people who live "out there" make up the majority of the average daily trips. It's not like there are any other options for transportation out there.

Surely you don't believe that "half" of the cars on 1604 are going to either Sea World or Lackland...

And I didn't think that the section of 1604 near La Cantera was part of this discussion. Even so, there's traffic from all directions to the mall, and, again, that one destination isn't causing the majority of the traffic.

I agree with your comment about using back roads. But my guess is that many people in this part of the world expect something...better...and more expensive...and they don't want to have to pay for it...

Old 08-07-2009, 03:55 PM

116 posts, read 353,431 times
But I do live out there. The only time I see bad traffic is during rush hour and the weekends. My point with La Cantera is the folks that head out during the weekends from the west side wanting to go out there. And yes, there is plenty of traffic that is made up of commuters, not just the folks that live out there. Same could be said for 1604 and 281 area. My main point then is certain area will have greater congestion when it's a main route to particular locations. The particular lights he was speaking of don't have very many neighborhoods (they are the ones that have been there for years!) so it's not just the people that LIVE there.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:54 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,610 times
While fixing everything would indeed be very expensive, making a few improvements (such as those I suggested in the original post) would make a HUGE difference in traffic flow and on a whole would not be very expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio