Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 04:11 PM

56 posts, read 234,377 times

Advertisements

We're visiting San Antonio in a couple of weeks, and we're planning on spending our Saturday at Fiesta Texas. I've read a few forums that Fiesta Texas isn't that crowded when compared to other amusement parks. We're trying to figure out if we should splurge for a Flash Pass. For 4 of us, the cost is anywhere from $135 to $380 depending on the level of Flash Pass that we get, so it's certainly not cheap.

Can you give me an idea of the wait times on the most popular rides? If it's > 45 minutes, I'm thinking it will be worth the extra cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 04:26 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,241,788 times
not a chance. Get there early, every one else is in the water park. You dont get long lines for the rides untill the water parks closes. You are looking at 30 to 45 min wait at most, possibly a bit more for Rattler since its on its last days(at least the way it is now)

Old 07-30-2012, 07:46 AM

258 posts, read 323,767 times
don't know where you saw that Six Flags wasn't busy. I live across from Six Flags and Saturdays are the busiest. Traffic backs up in all directions before 12 noon. I can see the mass of cars in the parking lot as I overlook the park from my development. That pass you mentioned would be a smart investment.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,241,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffutsa2001 View Post
don't know where you saw that Six Flags wasn't busy. I live across from Six Flags and Saturdays are the busiest. Traffic backs up in all directions before 12 noon. I can see the mass of cars in the parking lot as I overlook the park from my development. That pass you mentioned would be a smart investment.
Like I said, most people are in the water park. Ride lines are not that bad. The flash pass is a waste of money

Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,363 times
I wouldnt' waste money on a flash pass.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:08 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,818,908 times
For those that went on Saturday, did you enjoy the traffic? OMG! 1604-I10 sucked early saturday afternoon!

Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Like I said, most people are in the water park. Ride lines are not that bad. The flash pass is a waste of money
The water park doesn't even open until noon.

We usually go during the week and the lines aren't too terrible. Try to get there at 10 when it opens. We are usually with the little ones, so we don't take on many of the big rides. However, we'll probably go on our own soon to ride some coasters and are curious about the flash passes too.

I've heard they're great at other places (Disney, etc)

Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 AM

581 posts, read 1,187,690 times
I got the flash pass last weekend. Traffic was horrible and parking was even worse. We left from the house at 0800 to meet everyone at the Rim to make our way to the park to be there when it opened didnt get in until about 1100. But I digress. The flash pass honestly, was a waste. Coming from a "Fast Pass" background, which is the Disney version, I got the platinum one, thinking it would make a little more sense with time saving and whatnot. It wasn't. With all the Flash Passes they include all rides in the park but only certain rides will utilize the flash pass system on any given day. The two rides for one was okay, you got to ride twice in a row with your Flash pass but other than that, total waste. Fast Passes at Disney is a free, first come-first serve, outside of the ride and once they run out, they run out. But back to the Flash pass, I would say save the money for something else. Unless you REALLY have the specific ride you want to ride, then get the regular Flash pass and although you'll still wait, you wouldn't be waiting in line.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:36 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,405 times
I don't feel the Flash Pass is worth it at Fiesta Texas. At a coaster-heavy park like Magic Mountain in CA, yes, but at Fiesta Texas, not really. The park can get crowded on weekends, but the wait time doesn't seem as long as at other Six Flags I have visited in other cities.

However, if you are here for more than a couple of days, could you rearrange the schedule so that you go to Fiesta Texas on a weekday? They are open weekdays until August 24...

Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,398 times
According to my son who works there, this has been one of their worst years as far as attendance. Any crowds are at the water park, like whats been said. Dont waste your money on the Flash pass....any wait is minimal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio