Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 AM

42 posts, read 93,530 times

Advertisements

Just attended a BMT graduation in SA. I have lived in several major US cities and SA was dirty and graffetti covered. Even the River Walk was gross and full of trash. The only good thing was Sea World.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
We're "dusty" and grafitti-covered.

Sorry you only enjoyed Sea World--there is so much more to us than that!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM

431 posts, read 1,203,924 times
The BMT at Subway is great slightly toasted with vinegar and oil and provolone...mozzarella if you're lucky and at a location that has it.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:35 AM

42 posts, read 93,530 times
The clubs on the Riverwalk were good, but other than chain restuarants, all there was were Mexican places. I will not be eating a refried bean or a flour tortilla for many months to come. Being form the Bosotn area, I am use to Thai, Japanese, Indian, Middle Eastern, Spanish tapas, sushi and a whole variety, including Mexican,

Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyo1966 View Post
The clubs on the Riverwalk were good, but other than chain restuarants, all there was were Mexican places. I will not be eating a refried bean or a flour tortilla for many months to come. Being form the Bosotn area, I am use to Thai, Japanese, Indian, Middle Eastern, Spanish tapas, sushi and a whole variety, including Mexican,
Ah, a New Englander. There it is....knew it had to be someone from the east coast.

There are plenty of great, diverse restaurants downtown. PLENTY.

And don't worry, you'll soon learn to enjoy Mexican food. Boston Mexican food and SA Tex-mex is vastly different. And wonderful.

Welcome to our city. Lose the attitude, as it won't help you here.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:43 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,029 times
Quote:
Generalization, party of one, your table is ready...

Really? All we have is Mexican food? How ignorant is that statement, especially when I can flip it on you and say that Boston, KING of the set-in-their-ways Irish, only offers corned beef, cabbage and Guinness (on tap, naturally).

And for future enjoyment, please spellcheck your rants. If you can't even spell your own damned city name correct, you shouldn't be living there to begin with (or, perhaps, cut back on the Guinness before posting on City Data).

BN

Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,541 times
Quote:
All the above are available in SA. Unfortunately the Riverwalk has been catering to tourists who only seem to want chains.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:50 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,207 times
We could also go into the generalization of Bostonites. I've been in several bars watching Yanks/Sox games (yep, I'm a dreaded Yanks fan) and EVERY time, there's a group of Sox fans (mostly with sleeveless shirts) pouring pitchers of beer down their throat and singing lovely chants about the other team and various sex acts they perform on animals. Which makes it all the more entertaining to watch them when they lose.

It's a real class act. I wish this were an isolated incident, but it happens a lot. Boston's a great town with a great history, and it DOES have some great people, but their sports fans will rival Philly for the bottom feeders of the earth.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 AM

452 posts, read 1,027,831 times
Quote:
Now why would you go to a new place and want to get what you're used to? I thought the idea of visiting new places was to experience new things. If what you want is at home, why bother leaving for any reason?

If Sea World was the highlight of your trip, you missed out!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
Is the OP from Dallas/Ft Worth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio